WUSL EIW

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Roberts8000

Re: WUSL EIW

Postby Roberts8000 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:since the math for selections is 70-30... perhaps with invitations means that you are on the firm's list, but after wash cso does their alternate/lottery math there is a chance you don't get the interview...

i would like to know if firms are given a certain number which in its entirety equals only 70%, or if they are given a figure that corresponds to 100% of the interview spots and CSO gets to play robin hood. (good and bad depending on your position)

If there are, say, 20 interview slots, they'll ask us to select 14 students and they'll fill in the remaining six slots.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:23 am

Please post if you got a lottery selection. I've got to assume the lotteries have been done, but I'm clinging to that last sliver of hope...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Please post if you got a lottery selection. I've got to assume the lotteries have been done, but I'm clinging to that last sliver of hope...

Nothing here. I've not heard of a single person with a lottery select. Not one.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 am

Alright, so the interview I got from the CSO emailing me and saying they had an available slot if I wanted it, shows up as "lottery selected" in Symplicity now. I initially got the impression it was an alternate...but it looks like it as lottery. In which case I only got one. This is really weird, though, considering notedgarfigaro said his interview offer like this was at a time which conflicted with a different interview. Either this isn't really lottery, or they are in such disarray (possibly from firms taking forever to get back) that they weren't able to coordinate the lotteries very well.

Also, I'm annoyed because 20 minutes after I got the email (and before I read it), I had a screener at that firm in which the hiring partner said he was going to make sure I got to interview with them at our OCI so one of their other offices could meet me.

Return to “Legal Employment”