WUSL EIW

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
romothesavior

Re: WUSL EIW

Postby romothesavior » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:Winston & Strawn offer.

Congrats!

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 am

romothesavior wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Winston & Strawn offer.

Congrats!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:43 pm

WUSTL, Secondary Journal, Medianish

29 screeners
18 rejections
11 Pending (10 screeners, 1 CB)

Candid Feedback from interviews: Great Interviewer, Meh Grades

I've got a couple of screeners coming up in a few weeks, but I'm dangerously close to striking out, of the 10 pending screeners, I interviewed with Greensfelder and Posinilli, both of home have already called back a bucket of people for 2-3 spots, and 2 were with firms looking to hire one or two people. Totally shut out of home market: Chicago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:43 am

Greensfelder offer yesterday!

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:Greensfelder offer yesterday!
Congrats!

Edited because I may or may not have been inebriated when I wrote this.
Last edited by stratocophic on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Greensfelder offer yesterday!

Win man, they have a much better culture/lifestyle than some other firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 am

How are IP students generally faring in the bigger markets?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How are IP students generally faring in the bigger markets?
Grade dependent, but you can clean up if you have good grades and aren't aspie. I've has callbacks in 6 different cities and mine aren't even all that great. Patent fair reeeeally helps too, if for no other reason than because you get the benefit of getting good at interviewing before OCI even goes down. You can rack up some callbacks there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How are IP students generally faring in the bigger markets?
Grade dependent, but you can clean up if you have good grades and aren't aspie. I've has callbacks in 6 different cities and mine aren't even all that great. Patent fair reeeeally helps too, if for no other reason than because you get the benefit of getting good at interviewing before OCI even goes down. You can rack up some callbacks there.

Any idea how low into the class reputable firms are dipping for them?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:32 am

Which would you take and why?

Thompson Coburn or Bryan Cave.

Both St. Louis offices.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Which would you take and why?

Both St. Louis offices.

BC because I want to get the hell out of here, and BC has way more of a national rep

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:54 pm

PSA: When you have an offer, you celebrate quietly with your friends. You tell your closest confidantes, and you do so tastefully. You do not announce it to all of your unemployed fellow classmates in class while doing a little jig. Nor do you post it on Facebook for all the world to see.

Yes, we go to a school with a very supportive and encouraging student body. We should share in our successes and be genuinely happy for one another when we succeed, and I'm glad our school has such a great environment. But Jesus Christ, a little class and discretion goes a long way.

HTH

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:PSA: When you have an offer, you celebrate quietly with your friends. You tell your closest confidantes, and you do so tastefully. You do not announce it to all of your unemployed fellow classmates in class while doing a little jig. Nor do you post it on Facebook for all the world to see.

Yes, we go to a school with a very supportive and encouraging student body. We should share in our successes and be genuinely happy for one another when we succeed, and I'm glad our school has such a great environment. But Jesus Christ, a little class and discretion goes a long way.

HTH
Is this a thing? Please tell me that this is in fact not a thing, and that it's actually a hypothetical posed just in case someone was getting funny ideas about socially appropriate ways to celebrate.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:02 pm

stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:PSA: When you have an offer, you celebrate quietly with your friends. You tell your closest confidantes, and you do so tastefully. You do not announce it to all of your unemployed fellow classmates in class while doing a little jig. Nor do you post it on Facebook for all the world to see.

HTH
Is this a thing? Please tell me that this is in fact not a thing, and that it's actually a hypothetical posed just in case someone was getting funny ideas about socially appropriate ways to celebrate.

It's a thing.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:08 pm

romothesavior wrote:
stratocophic wrote:

HTH

It's a thing.

How very unWUSTLish.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Both St. Louis offices.

BC because I want to get the hell out of here, and BC has way more of a national rep

I would +1 this probably. Bryan Cave pays more too, right?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Both St. Louis offices.

IIRC Thompson Coburn is pretty consistently among the top firms on the midlevel associate satisfaction survey. That said, they did monster deferrals to unsuspecting 2Ls. Both have stellar reputations in St. Louis. I'd say go with your instinct.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:WUSTL, Secondary Journal, Medianish

29 screeners
18 rejections

I've got a couple of screeners coming up in a few weeks, but I'm dangerously close to striking out, of the 10 pending screeners, I interviewed with Greensfelder and Posinilli, both of home have already called back a bucket of people for 2-3 spots, and 2 were with firms looking to hire one or two people. Totally shut out of home market: Chicago.

Also around median and on a secondary journal. Sent out about 5-10 emails a week for two months, had coffee with around 10 attorneys, talked to about 6 or 7 more over the phone...and I have had a grand total of 2 interviews, both through OCI. Aiming for the same market.

Any chance you could tell me how you managed to get so many screening interviews in the first place? I feel like I'm missing the boat here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Anyone hear anything from Shook, Hardy & Bacon in Kansas City? Callbacks? Offers post callback? Rejections post callback?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Shook, Hardy & Bacon in Kansas City? Callbacks? Offers post callback? Rejections post callback?

Got a callback a little over a week ago but declined it

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Shook, Hardy & Bacon in Kansas City? Callbacks? Offers post callback? Rejections post callback?

Got a callback a little over a week ago but declined it

Any particular reason?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:

29 screeners
18 rejections

Also around median and on a secondary journal. Sent out about 5-10 emails a week for two months, had coffee with around 10 attorneys, talked to about 6 or 7 more over the phone...and I have had a grand total of 2 interviews, both through OCI. Aiming for the same market.

Any chance you could tell me how you managed to get so many screening interviews in the first place? I feel like I'm missing the boat here.

Chicago is total bust this year.

seatown12

Postby seatown12 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 am

The in class thing is ridiculous, but someone who just got an offer should feel free to post on Facebook. No one outside the neurotic law school bubble would ever object to this. Only weak, jealous people are offended or threatened by others' successes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:54 am

Anyone else with news on Bryan Cave?

Have only heard of two offers: One here and one at Illinois.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

29 screeners
18 rejections

Chicago is total bust this year.

This. I wake up every morning and am reminded of this depressing fact.

Return to “Legal Employment”