WUSL EIW

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

WUSL EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:22 am

Are all the preselects in?

Anonymous User

Re: WUSL EIW

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:52 am

Pretty sure. Supposedly pending = not selected. Fared pretty well, 10/21 with 9 pre and 1 lotto. Fully expecting the 11 resume collects to be the equivalent of jettisoning my files into a black hole.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to say eff you too, St. Louis firms :x Eff. You. Too. 0/5 and yeah, I mad. I so mad. I'd be even madder if there had been enough firms I was interested in to where those would have been wasted bids tho :?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Pretty sure. Supposedly pending = not selected. Fared pretty well, 10/19 with 9 pre and 1 lotto. Fully expecting the 11 resume collects to be the equivalent of jettisoning my files into a black hole.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to say eff you too, St. Louis firms :x Eff. You. Too. 0/5 and yeah, I mad. I so mad. I'd be even madder if there had been enough firms I was interested in to where those would have been wasted bids tho :?

what kind of #s?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 am

LOL: 2 Lottery Interviews, 1 Preselect and 1 Alternate. Ironically I already have an interview lined up before OCI with the Alternate. Lulz

I'd be all FML/Kill Self right now, but I have some interviews outside of OCI

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:38 am

I got 1 lottery 4 selects and 2 alternates. I noticed that with my alternates when I clicked the "accept" button I was able to sign up for an interview slot. Anyone else have this? I signed up for interview spots but I don't know if I was supposed to. Seems like if I wasn't supposed to I wouldn't have had the option though...

Edit: also didn't fare very well with STL firms, I'm guessing they were pretty heavily bid.

Edit: Just got an e-mail about the alternate thing. appears it is a "glitch" and those will be removed. Why do I get the feeling it was human error...
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 am

10 non resume collect/direct send bids

2 lottery
1 alternate
2 pre-selects
5 rejects

stats: slightly below median, public interest stipend, urm female from midwest, secondary journal

I agree. I'd be slightly pissed off if I didn't have so many other interviews from outside job fairs. The EIW was slim pickings for locations and firms I was interested in.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:42 am

why is it asking if we want to "accept not selected"? Is there a No option? Cause I'm sort of not okay with this.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:why is it asking if we want to "accept not selected"? Is there a No option? Cause I'm sort of not okay with this.

Haha nothing happens if you click the link. It is kind of dumb though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 am

whats the deal with the empty boxes? does that mean the firm hasn't responded yet?

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:whats the deal with the empty boxes? does that mean the firm hasn't responded yet?

I'm pretty sure all the empty boxes are for the resume collects. They aren't actually doing any interviews on campus so you can't sign up. I had that same thought when I first looked at it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 am

I got a lottery pick for a firm that's interviewing for multiple locations in one slot. How do I sign up for a specific office? They're interviewing for like 10 different locations, and there's only about 10 interview slots seemingly for all locations combined. The same interviewer (from a different city than that where I am interested in working) is seemingly assigned for all slots.

BTW, I struck out on STL firms, too, assuming that "pending" means they passed me over.

Also, I think this entire process is kind of stupid. And I'm mad that there's basically no representation from Chicago, which is supposedly our "strength" market.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:I got a lottery pick for a firm that's interviewing for multiple locations in one slot. How do I sign up for a specific office? They're interviewing for like 10 different locations, and there's only about 10 interview slots seemingly for all locations combined. The same interviewer (from a different city than that where I am interested in working) is seemingly assigned for all slots.

BTW, I struck out on STL firms, too, assuming that "pending" means they passed me over.

Also, I think this entire process is kind of stupid. And I'm mad that there's basically no representation from Chicago, which is supposedly our "strength" market.

If you put it in your cover letter they should know. I doubt they have separate interviewers for each city. Probably just have the 10 or so slots for all their offices.

PhoenicianMonk

Postby PhoenicianMonk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:11 am

Last edited by PhoenicianMonk on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Pretty sure. Supposedly pending = not selected. Fared pretty well, 10/19 with 9 pre and 1 lotto. Fully expecting the 11 resume collects to be the equivalent of jettisoning my files into a black hole.

what kind of #s?
Maybe outing myself but eh, I feel like you people who can ID me are collectively decent non-catty dudes. Within top quarter, but I'm IP.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:And I'm mad that there's basically no representation from Chicago, which is supposedly our "strength" market.

That is one of my "home markets" along with a small secondary market. I've been mailing both markets all summer and it's been nothing but rejects in Chicago so far. Applied pretty much everywhere for EIW and got 9 pre, 1 lotto, 2 alts - only 1 St. Louis firm Stats are top 25%, Law Review if anyone wanted to know.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 am

PhoenicianMonk wrote:Incoming transfer student (for what it's worth) - 2 interviews for STL firms. Got nothing from Chicago or KC firms.

Question - how do you know if an interview was pre-select, lottery... ?

If it just says selected then you were a pre-select. If you were lottery it says lottery select.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:56 am

Word is that Bryan Cave will be in soon, and Husch isn't back yet. So those "pendings" aren't rejects... yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Word is that Bryan Cave will be in soon, and Husch isn't back yet. So those "pendings" aren't rejects... yet.
Ballin'. I tentatively retract my eff you. Is Husch the same? If so I also tentatively retract it for them too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Top 20%, Law Review, non-URM, non-IP, targeted exclusively Midwest firms (I think it would be really helpful if people provided this info when sharing interview results... without it, it is kinda useless)

12 pre-selects
1 lottery
1 alternate

Overall pretty pleased with the number (especially if I can snag Husch or Bryan Cave as well), but a lot of these firms are in markets that I have no ties to. Gonna have to do some serious research and sell it hard.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Chicago is a bloodbath, so the results people are having with mailings in Chicago are to be expected. NYC has about 6 times as many SA slots as Chicago, IIRC.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 pm

romothesavior wrote:Chicago is a bloodbath, so the results for Chicago are to be expected. NYC has about 6 times as many SA slots as Chicago, IIRC.

I'd be interested to see how many WUSTL people were preselected at some of the top Chicago firms. Does anyone know the correlation between preselect and a callback (vs. obtaining the same interview through the lotto?) We have all lotto so I am not very familiar with the preselect system.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Top 25%, secondary journal...5 pre-selects (so far), 2 alts, 0 lottery. I thought everyone was supposed to get at least one lottery, right? Oh well. Best of luck everyone!

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:29 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Chicago is a bloodbath, so the results for Chicago are to be expected. NYC has about 6 times as many SA slots as Chicago, IIRC.

I'd be interested to see how many WUSTL people were preselected at some of the top Chicago firms. Does anyone know the correlation between preselect and a callback (vs. obtaining the same interview through the lotto?) We have all lotto so I am not very familiar with the preselect system.
Won't matter, overall. They could have 20 interview slots with the intention of hiring 10... Or 2... Or maybe none. I'd imagine that preselected would have slightly better chances on a per-candidate basis than in a pure lotto system since the firm targets candidates specifically, but like I said they could also just be filling slots with no real interest so any potential advantage would be minimal. Seems like lotto would be kinder to the top 25-33% at the expense of the top of the class, and preselect would be more beneficial for the top 10-15% or however low in the class firms will deign to go.
Last edited by stratocophic on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Top ten percent, law review, non-IP. Ties to Chicago and St. Louis.

I got selected for 5 St. Louis, 7 Chicago. (No alternates or lotteries)

Fingers crossed about the remaining two pending, since I didn't do well with the other firms I was really hoping for.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Top 20%, non-URM, non IP, on LR

9 pre-selects, 1 lotto, 2 alternates

3 interviews in my southern home market
3 selects in STL, with 1 alternate
Others split between NY, DC, and Chi

Return to “Legal Employment”