CLS EIP 2011

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: CLS EIP 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
quakeroats wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:what was the deal with the gibsonny dinner? cb guaranteed?

I've heard that a SullCrom dinner is a guaranteed callback, but that GDC dinners aren't.

Err, what if you get a callback without a dinner invite from S&C?

Pretty sure the SullCrom dinner is an offer dinner. SullCrom has close to 100% offer rate for CBs, so it's close to the same thing. It's in September (according to that flyer they gave).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Anyone hear from Cleary AK? I'm guessing Cleary callbacks are all out by now, but I haven't heard about that particular interviewer so i'm holding out hope...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have any non-Stone, non-minorities gotten callbacks yet? If so, which firms?

Yes... Everyone's getting called

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have any non-Stone, non-minorities gotten callbacks yet? If so, which firms?

I get that everyone's getting called through the same process. I meant what firms are calling non-Stones? I'm guessing that all the S&C, Cleary, GD, DPW callbacks are going to Stones. Can anyone refute that?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I get that everyone's getting called through the same process. I meant what firms are calling non-Stones? I'm guessing that all the S&C, Cleary, GD, DPW callbacks are going to Stones. Can anyone refute that?

Yes, non-Stones have gotten calls from some of those.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

by non-stones do you mean kents?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I got a CB from Boies and I'm non-Stone, non-minority

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I can. I've gotten calls from S&C and Cleary and I am neither minority nor Stone. Didn't interview with GD or DPW so can't say. Maybe I'm secretly a minority and don't know it? Will research this subject more and report back.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:11 pm

non-stone DPW CB

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Anyone heard from Cleary interviewer KH? Haven't seen anything on here...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered - what's the etiquette for if you get a cb in a voicemail by the partner interviewer which tells you to email HR to schedule something? Should we also call the partner back or email or anything to let him know we got the message?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered - what's the etiquette for if you get a cb in a voicemail by the partner interviewer which tells you to email HR to schedule something? Should we also call the partner back or email or anything to let him know we got the message?

I would also like to know this. I was planning on looking up the interviewer's email and sending him a quick thank you note...?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered - what's the etiquette for if you get a cb in a voicemail by the partner interviewer which tells you to email HR to schedule something? Should we also call the partner back or email or anything to let him know we got the message?

I would also like to know this. I was planning on looking up the interviewer's email and sending him a quick thank you note...?

Yeah. That's exactly what I ended up doing.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have any non-Stone, non-minorities non-IP degree-holders, without work experience gotten callbacks yet? If so, which firms?

Fixt.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:43 pm

had 15 interviews thursday and friday, only 1 CB so far... should i be worried?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Send the partner an email thanking them for their time and for giving you a second round interview. Then email/call recruiting to set up your interview. That's what I did.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Send the partner an email thanking them for their time and for giving you a second round interview. Then email/call recruiting to set up your interview. That's what I did.

Did the above but completely forgot to thank them. Whoops.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:had 15 interviews thursday and friday, only 1 CB so far... should i be worried?

No. Only a few firms are calling, so 1 CB is nothing to worry about. Plus, in the end you only need one job offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:had 15 interviews thursday and friday, only 1 CB so far... should i be worried?

No. Only a few firms are calling, so 1 CB is nothing to worry about. Plus, in the end you only need one job offer.

OK I disagree. If you have grades that are median or below, this could signal that many firms have a grade cutoff lower than Stone. In general, you may also be doing something systematically wrong. I have more CBs than that and am still concerned I am not doing something right. Also depends on whether you know you got rejected (see list of firms who've already CBed) or whether the firms you interviewed with are just slow to get back.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Any S&C (NY) callbacks from interviewer WC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any S&C (NY) callbacks from interviewer WC?

I'm wondering this as well (so obviously not me)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Is it conventional wisdom that if you have not received a callback from the firms known to have given callbacks, then your chances of one are slim to none? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

OK I disagree. If you have grades that are median or below, this could signal that many firms have a grade cutoff lower than Stone. In general, you may also be doing something systematically wrong. I have more CBs than that and am still concerned I am not doing something right. Also depends on whether you know you got rejected (see list of firms who've already CBed) or whether the firms you interviewed with are just slow to get back.

haven't been rejected by anyone yet (checking email constantly), but i'm a transfer so grades probably aren't an issue.
eta - haven't heard one way or another from cleary, DPW, MBT, among others. felt like most interviews went reasonably well.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Keep in mind that things depend somewhat on your interviewers schedule. I know people who got CBs from the same place 48hrs apart b/c of that.

Return to “Legal Employment”