CLS EIP 2011 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: CLS EIP 2011

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:And I have officially struck out at EIP. Anyone else?
Close, just waiting on one more firm. They said they'd let me know today...nothing yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Many people will be withdrawing in the next few weeks. This should lead to movement for those who have not been explicitly rejected by all firms at which they did callbacks.

Also, for anyone who did not interview with Dechert - look into them. They wanted to schedule my callback much later than any other firm, and so may be open to unsolicited applications still.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:Many people will be withdrawing in the next few weeks. This should lead to movement for those who have not been explicitly rejected by all firms at which they did callbacks.

Also, for anyone who did not interview with Dechert - look into them. They wanted to schedule my callback much later than any other firm, and so may be open to unsolicited applications still.
fwiw I received an offer from Dechert NYC that I do not plan on accepting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Close, just waiting on one more firm. They said they'd let me know today...nothing yet.
I don't have an offer yet and I don't know what I'm going to do if I strike out. What are your plans?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I don't have an offer yet and I don't know what I'm going to do if I strike out. What are your plans?
Try to secure something else. Government maybe (although that's competitive too). Or another judicial internship? Mass mail smaller firms?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I'm assuming you have all mass-mailed, right? And I'm assuming that many of those mass-mails have not gotten back to you? Try following up by calling recruiting or emailing alums at the firm or both. Also find a secondary market that you have ties to and mass-mail the hell out of it.

I really, really hope everything works out for everyone! Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”