Too late to mass mail?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Too late to mass mail?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:52 pm

I'd be mailing my home market- I'm home until aug. 10. Too irresponsible to send something this late?

Grizz

Re: Too late to mass mail?

Postby Grizz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:18 pm

What are you gonna do instead, not apply for jobs you want?

Whatisthis

Postby Whatisthis » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:59 pm

I just started mailing my home market today. Most of the firms had stated that they do not accept resumes before August 1st, so I figured I was early. :( I sure hope I am not too late! OP, are you mailing major markets? My home market is fairly tiny, so maybe they just do things differently there.

Edit: Is the issue just that you will be leaving too soon to interview with them?

johndhi

Postby johndhi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'd be mailing my home market- I'm home until aug. 10. Too irresponsible to send something this late?

My reading is that OP is in his hometown for ten more days and wonders whether it's too late to be trying to set up a screening interview with firms for this upcoming week. My answer is no. It would be preferable to give them a couple weeks to read your stuff and schedule you, but considering it's someone's job to do this, I think they should be able to handle it. In any case it isn't so "irresponsible" to affect your hiring prospects at other firms. Basically a case of "you miss every shot you don't take."

Also, if I recall correctly, a friend was in Seattle for the summer, then went back East for school where she applied to a Seattle firm by mail and was nonetheless flown out on the firm's dime for an interview.

Return to “Legal Employment”