quick Q: Transcripts

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

quick Q: Transcripts

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:17 pm

hey guys -

some firms request that I upload my transcript as part of an application, but I don't have access to my official transcript as an uploadable file. Do they expect that I save the unofficial transcript as a .pdf let's say and simply upload that?

Sorry if this should be mind-numbingly rote, but OCI seems to have me second-guessing even the simplest procedures.

mods: anon. because of how embarrassingly simplistic the q. is.

Anonymous User

Re: quick Q: Transcripts

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:hey guys -

some firms request that I upload my transcript as part of an application, but I don't have access to my official transcript as an uploadable file. Do they expect that I save the unofficial transcript as a .pdf let's say and simply upload that?

Sorry if this should be mind-numbingly rote, but OCI seems to have me second-guessing even the simplest procedures.

mods: anon. because of how embarrassingly simplistic the q. is.

Mods: anon because OP did.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 pm

Yes, 99% of the time, the firms are happy with an uploaded unofficial transcript. Firms rarely (if ever) want an official transcript at the OCI bidding stage.

Make a word file with your classes and grades and upload that as a .doc or pdf file (it will get converted on upload anyway).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:51 pm

create my own word file instead of saving the webpage that has my unofficial transcript?

random5483

Postby random5483 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

My 1L school provided a template for us to fill in. My transfer school told me that using that template was fine. You can also save an image and upload it if you want.

GMVarun

Postby GMVarun » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:55 pm

I ordered an official transcript and then scanned it. No firms have had any problem with this and this seems more legit than using a word file or a printout from a computer screen.

Return to “Legal Employment”