Norton Rose at 3L OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Journeybound

Norton Rose at 3L OCI

Postby Journeybound » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Norton Rose is interviewing 3Ls at our school. It is an international firm, and it is looking for associates to work in London and Hong Kong. Sounds cool, but from what I understand, firms like this don't often hire students right out of law school. I'm being extremely cautious with my 3L OCI bids, do does anyone have any advice on wether or not this is a firm worth bidding on? Thanks!

Noval

Re: Norton Rose at 3L OCI

Postby Noval » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Journeybound wrote:Norton Rose is interviewing 3Ls at our school. It is an international firm, and it is looking for associates to work in London and Hong Kong. Sounds cool, but from what I understand, firms like this don't often hire students right out of law school. I'm being extremely cautious with my 3L OCI bids, do does anyone have any advice on wether or not this is a firm worth bidding on? Thanks!

First, make sure that you know what they want.

These firms tend to recruit to fill a need in a certain area, so you'll have to show them that you can fill that need.
Be natural, be honest and be friendly.

Just look on their website and call some of their associates/partners to ask your questions.
Not only it shows your interest, but you'll have an insight of their precise needs (Wether it can be litigation, corporate law, intellectual property, etc...).

PS: If your school is not one of the "target schools", aka good ranked one, don't bother bidding on this firm.

The lower the firm is, the less you should be aiming for the moon, it's a calculated risk.

Return to “Legal Employment”