Everything associates didn't learn in law school

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
schooner

Everything associates didn't learn in law school

Postby schooner » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Last edited by schooner on Sun May 03, 2015 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cavalier

Re: Everything associates didn't learn in law school

Postby Cavalier » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Kimberly K. Egan is a partner in the Washington office of DLA Piper and is co-chairwoman of the firm's U.S. health care sector.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Cavalier wrote:Kimberly K. Egan is a partner in the Washington office of DLA Piper and is co-chairwoman of the firm's U.S. health care sector.

That's the spirit.

schooner

Postby schooner » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Last edited by schooner on Sun May 03, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:09 pm

schooner wrote:
Cavalier wrote:Kimberly K. Egan is a partner in the Washington office of DLA Piper and is co-chairwoman of the firm's U.S. health care sector.

I'm a 0L so could you please explain the significance? (So what that she's at DLA Piper?)

It got dropped on its head when it was a little baby law firm.

schooner

Postby schooner » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:39 am

Last edited by schooner on Sun May 03, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:09 pm

Alas, I am ignorant of current events, unsociable, ill-mannered, not humble (arrogant, actually), unkind, inflexible, never on time, an horrendous time manager, careless, whatever the opposite of collegial is, and definitely not fun. All I have going for me is how ridiculously smart I am.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Alas, I am ignorant of current events, unsociable, ill-mannered, not humble (arrogant, actually), unkind, inflexible, never on time, an horrendous time manager, careless, whatever the opposite of collegial is, and definitely not fun. All I have going for me is how ridiculously smart I am.

LoL. Joke all you want. But, you seriously just described half of my classmates and everyone at my SA who is known as "that guy" (and yes it is almost always a guy).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Alas, I am ignorant of current events, unsociable, ill-mannered, not humble (arrogant, actually), unkind, inflexible, never on time, an horrendous time manager, careless, whatever the opposite of collegial is, and definitely not fun. All I have going for me is how ridiculously smart I am.

Response: You either develop these traits or you will be screwed. Sorry.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:32 pm

how could any well adjusted, non-sociopathic person fail to understand the importance of "diligence" "collegiality" "punctuality" "personal reputation" etc, in a professional environment.

Shit, I've never worked a "real" or a "good" job before and I knew that being late or being a douche, ought to be avoided.

Be reliable, and amiable... that's really all it takes to perform well in any organization.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

LoL. Joke all you want. But, you seriously just described half of my classmates and everyone at my SA who is known as "that guy" (and yes it is almost always a guy).

Seriously, the only part of that statement that wasn't true is that I'm kind of up on current events and... I guess I'm pretty flexible, and I am kind/generous intermittently. Other than that it's all true.

Return to “Legal Employment”