2011 SA offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2011 SA offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Some summers had spans of 2-3 weeks when they had to work long hours but no one worked until 10pm or on weekends throughout the entire summer. I would agree the workload is average. I stayed fairly late a few times. But it was to work on substantive, time-sensitive assignments and I learned a lot. And there were plenty of times when I left at 5:30. I really enjoyed my summer at Debevoise.

Re: the no offer, I heard some weird stories but it's all rumor.

markymark

Re: 2011 SA offers

Postby markymark » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Some summers had spans of 2-3 weeks when they had to work long hours but no one worked until 10pm or on weekends throughout the entire summer. I would agree the workload is average. I stayed fairly late a few times. But it was to work on substantive, time-sensitive assignments and I learned a lot. And there were plenty of times when I left at 5:30. I really enjoyed my summer at Debevoise.

Re: the no offer, I heard some weird stories but it's all rumor.

Dude, I know Debevoise is an awesome firm, and have friends working there, but those hours objectively suck. Sure, other biglaw firms make you work the same, but many do not. Plus, Deb no offered a few people last summer. Kind of weird that its a pattern at the firm.

Return to “Legal Employment”