Miami biglaw

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:08 am

GUNSTER ANYONE?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:GUNSTER ANYONE?


ttt

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:GUNSTER ANYONE?


ttt


Okay any more productive responses? Anyone know of any offers floating around?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:34 pm

any news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:05 pm

still no white & case offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:31 pm

how about GT? is anybody out there??? :!:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:36 pm

My buddy (a 3L) just accepted a position at Boies Schiller Miami.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My buddy (a 3L) just accepted a position at Boies Schiller Miami.


Lucky SOB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Any idea on what rank it will take from UF/FSU for most of these MIA firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My buddy (a 3L) just accepted a position at Boies Schiller Miami.


Stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My buddy (a 3L) just accepted a position at Boies Schiller Miami.


Stats?


James Kent Scholar at Columbia.

http://www.law.columbia.edu/careers/car ... ng_and_Hon

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any idea on what rank it will take from UF/FSU for most of these MIA firms?


One firm said they only interviewed the top 5% from these schools, so roughly around there. They obviously like law review, awards, ect. It's really competitive.

I also know that McDermott did extend at least one offer, but I don't know if it's been accepted yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My buddy (a 3L) just accepted a position at Boies Schiller Miami.


Stats?


James Kent Scholar at Columbia.

http://www.law.columbia.edu/careers/car ... ng_and_Hon


Thank you

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:06 pm

well.... GT rejections coming via snail mail. :|

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 pm

You people have no f*cking idea what you're talking about. Few things, from someone who's lived in Miami his entire life, and who has worked Miami BigLaw:

(1) GT is the biggest show in town. Period. I didn't work there but I know enough about Miami to say this is the case.

(2) Weil Gotshal Miami DOES NOT generate its own business. It services NY cases through the miami office.

(3) Boies does great work but they're less of a player in Miami than they are elsewhere.

(4) LOL just fucking LOL that Podhurst is on this list. That firm practically died when Victor Diaz took his business elsewhere.

(5) Other firms that aren't on this list that could/should be? Kenny Nachwalter, Stearns Weaver (good lit shop)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You people have no f*cking idea what you're talking about. Few things, from someone who's lived in Miami his entire life, and who has worked Miami BigLaw:

(1) GT is the biggest show in town. Period. I didn't work there but I know enough about Miami to say this is the case.

(2) Weil Gotshal Miami DOES NOT generate its own business. It services NY cases through the miami office.

(3) Boies does great work but they're less of a player in Miami than they are elsewhere.

(4) LOL just fucking LOL that Podhurst is on this list. That firm practically died when Victor Diaz took his business elsewhere.

(5) Other firms that aren't on this list that could/should be? Kenny Nachwalter, Stearns Weaver (good lit shop)


Hu?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 am

Why do H&K and Akerman continually get left off everyone's so-called "lists" of best Miami firms? They're two of the biggest firms based in Florida and that do primarily Florida-based work.

(BTW I understand H&K technically has no HQ, but when you've got an office in Lakeland, you're Florida through-and-through.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 am

H & K no-offered 3 of its 5 Summer Associates this summer.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=166092

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You people have no f*cking idea what you're talking about. Few things, from someone who's lived in Miami his entire life, and who has worked Miami BigLaw:

(1) GT is the biggest show in town. Period. I didn't work there but I know enough about Miami to say this is the case.

(2) Weil Gotshal Miami DOES NOT generate its own business. It services NY cases through the miami office.

(3) Boies does great work but they're less of a player in Miami than they are elsewhere.

(4) LOL just fucking LOL that Podhurst is on this list. That firm practically died when Victor Diaz took his business elsewhere.

(5) Other firms that aren't on this list that could/should be? Kenny Nachwalter, Stearns Weaver (good lit shop)


Hu?


It's likely that he mistook this thread for that one --> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=166366

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:H & K no-offered 3 of its 5 Summer Associates this summer.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=166092


That just demonstrates that H&K does a terrible job in the recruiting game. Outside of the TLS community, their no-offers doesn't really detract from its elite status in Miami and across Florida.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:41 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say "elite." But they are a good firm. One of the better.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 pm

white n case annyyybodyy??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:white n case annyyybodyy??


Rejection letter was sitting in my mailbox today. CB 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:white n case annyyybodyy??


Rejection letter was sitting in my mailbox today. CB 2 weeks ago.


they did you a favor. that place SUCKS.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273588
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Miami biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm

sorry to hear that.. when was the letter dated?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.