Address on a resume Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Address on a resume

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:01 am

Is it okay if I use my permanent address on my resume rather than my school address (to emphasize ties to a city)? I would include both, but I'd like to use the one line address/e-mail/cell phone # format if possible

BioEBear2010

Silver

Re: Address on a resume

Post by BioEBear2010 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:11 am

You should be able to have both . . . for example, have your school address (with, perhaps, cell # and e-mail) on the lefthand side of your header and home address (with home #) on the right.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:22 am

The only thing you are going to get in the mail is a rejection letter. It doesn't matter. Put your permanent address if you want to.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:14 am

eandy wrote:The only thing you are going to get in the mail is a rejection letter. It doesn't matter. Put your permanent address if you want to.
What's with the stick up your ***?

UnitarySpace

Bronze

Post by UnitarySpace » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
eandy wrote:The only thing you are going to get in the mail is a rejection letter. It doesn't matter. Put your permanent address if you want to.
i'm guessing that callbacks and offers come by phone and not through the mail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:06 am

Would it be considered OK to use your parent's address to establish a connection, even if you have not lived with them in years and have no intention of moving back in?
Last edited by bdubs on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:14 am

UnitarySpace wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
This. I wasn't saying something mean. I was simply trying to express the fact that the only thing that comes in the mail is typically a rejection letter.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:29 am

eandy wrote:
UnitarySpace wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
This. I wasn't saying something mean. I was simply trying to express the fact that the only thing that comes in the mail is typically a rejection letter.
I don't think his question was in any way a concern about where the mail was going to be sent. It was more of a question on what is an appropriate way to show that you have ties to a specific area.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 am

adameus wrote:
eandy wrote:
UnitarySpace wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: What's with the stick up your ***?
I don't think his question was in any way a concern about where the mail was going to be sent. It was more of a question on what is an appropriate way to show that you have ties to a specific area.
I felt like the part about the possibility of putting two addresses indicated some concern about the mail would go. Otherwise, what would be the point of putting both?
It really doesn't matter. Almost all career services offices will tell you it is totally ok to use your permanent address as your address to emphasize ties.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AntiHuman

Bronze

Post by AntiHuman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:26 pm

permanent address...my school got pissed when I put the school address

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
This was uncalled for. Don't be hostile toward other users, or you may get outed or banned.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”