Biglaw from Fordham without OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Biglaw from Fordham without OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 pm

I was recently accepted as a transfer student into Fordham. I just learned that transfers can't participate in early interview week, which is tantamount to totally missing out on OCI from what I understand. Is there another way to get into biglaw from Fordham without going through OCI?

blurbz

Re: Biglaw from Fordham without OCI

Postby blurbz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Honestly, that would make me second guess the transfer. What is OCI like at your current school?

If you really want to go to Fordham, I'd mass mail EVERY firm in NYC with a tailored cover letter that explains how excited you are to be at Fordham because you want NYC but since you can't participate in OCI, you'd love to schedule a meeting with the recruiter to talk about X, Y & Z, LLP, which you like because it has a really great Generic Law Practice Group.

OnceUponAMemo

Postby OnceUponAMemo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 pm

I think the above poster pretty much nailed it. There are a bunch of smaller firms that come during OCI outside of EIW, but for biglaw, you should mass mail everyone immediately. What are your grades/current school and is there a chance at biglaw through them?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:45 pm

OnceUponAMemo wrote:I think the above poster pretty much nailed it. There are a bunch of smaller firms that come during OCI outside of EIW, but for biglaw, you should mass mail everyone immediately. What are your grades/current school and is there a chance at biglaw through them?

OP here, top 10-15% and LR at current T2, but no shot at NYC even with the best grades. Do I actually have a realistic shot through mass mailing firms?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:54 pm

I am by no means an expert but since you have good grades and you'll be able to say "I'm in the city, you name the time and place and I'll be there" I'd be shocked if you couldn't set up some interviews. How many of those turn into jobs, though, I don't know. All you need is one.

vb007

Postby vb007 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:16 pm

maybe e-mail professors to see if any of them have contacts that can help you out. there should be at least a couple of professors who would be willing to help you out if you did well in their class. professor recommendations can hold a lot of weight with some employers.

Return to “Legal Employment”