Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone been dinged by Bingham DC post callback? How long did it take?


Haven't heard anything from Bingham DC post CB. Did you interview for Tax or generally?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers from SRZ, Cahill, Sheppard Mullin (all NYC). One week, 24 hours and 1 business day turnarounds respectively.


Congrats. Was your SRZ offer via phone or mail?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Arnold and Porter (DC) offer


When was your CB?

Super Congrats, btw!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers from SRZ, Cahill, Sheppard Mullin (all NYC). One week, 24 hours and 1 business day turnarounds respectively.


Congrats. Was your SRZ offer via phone or mail?


SRZ offer via phone from EIW recruiting partner.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Arnold and Porter (DC) offer


When was your CB?

Super Congrats, btw!


Thanks! My CB was almost two weeks ago. They had told me it might take them as long as two weeks, but it ended up taking almost exactly one week. Offer was by phone.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone been dinged by Bingham DC post callback? How long did it take?


Haven't heard anything from Bingham DC post CB. Did you interview for Tax or generally?


I interviewed for tax and haven't heard anything.

PeanutHead
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby PeanutHead » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey, if Bingham people want to PM me I can fill you in.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:41 pm

PeanutHead wrote:Hey, if Bingham people want to PM me I can fill you in.


Any info on Bingham LA? Thanks

PeanutHead
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby PeanutHead » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Sorry should have clarified. Bingham DC, especially tax.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Got a box of brownies today from an offeror.

I could get used to this.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a box of brownies today from an offeror.

I could get used to this.




Haha! That is awesome! What firm? (Congrats, btw)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got a box of brownies today from an offeror.

I could get used to this.




Haha! That is awesome! What firm? (Congrats, btw)



Thanks!

Kirkland... it's quite a "sweetener" :oops: <-- for the horrible pun

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:05 am

Anyone with a CB or offer from Chandbourne (DC)? If NY what was the turnaround after CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:15 am

What's the consensus on how our class did? Top 40% biglaw secure? Better?

Sorry for the naive question- I don't know that many people in our class.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:What's the consensus on how our class did? Top 40% biglaw secure? Better?

Sorry for the naive question- I don't know that many people in our class.


The process isn't over.

terribleperson
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby terribleperson » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What's the consensus on how our class did? Top 40% biglaw secure? Better?

Sorry for the naive question- I don't know that many people in our class.


The process isn't over.


That's the spirit.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got a box of brownies today from an offeror.

I could get used to this.




Haha! That is awesome! What firm? (Congrats, btw)



Thanks!

Kirkland... it's quite a "sweetener" :oops: <-- for the horrible pun

NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What's the consensus on how our class did? Top 40% biglaw secure? Better?

Sorry for the naive question- I don't know that many people in our class.


lol. not even close.

doesn't mean that you're necessarily screwed if you're top 40%, but you are far from secure

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What's the consensus on how our class did? Top 40% biglaw secure? Better?

Sorry for the naive question- I don't know that many people in our class.


Callback season is only roughly halfway over. Seems way too early to call that.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers from SRZ, Cahill, Sheppard Mullin (all NYC). One week, 24 hours and 1 business day turnarounds respectively.


Congrats. Was your SRZ offer via phone or mail?


SRZ offer via phone from EIW recruiting partner.


Presumably you'll be taking the Cahill offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got a box of brownies today from an offeror.

I could get used to this.




Haha! That is awesome! What firm? (Congrats, btw)



Thanks!

Kirkland... it's quite a "sweetener" :oops: <-- for the horrible pun

NY?


I am not the above brownie receiver, but my brownies were from the DC office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Any news from Orrick NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers from SRZ, Cahill, Sheppard Mullin (all NYC). One week, 24 hours and 1 business day turnarounds respectively.


Congrats. Was your SRZ offer via phone or mail?


SRZ offer via phone from EIW recruiting partner.


Presumably you'll be taking the Cahill offer?


Yes, heavily leaning towards CGR. Have one more CB for #2 firm on my list and a return visit to CGR coming up. Not trying to hold SRZ offer longer than I have to so good luck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Congrats. Was your SRZ offer via phone or mail?


SRZ offer via phone from EIW recruiting partner.


Presumably you'll be taking the Cahill offer?


Yes, heavily leaning towards CGR. Have one more CB for #2 firm on my list and a return visit to CGR coming up. Not trying to hold SRZ offer longer than I have to so good luck.


Does this mean you are rejecting the SRZ offer soon or holding onto it? "I don't mean to insinuate you should act in one way or the other, it is clearly your decision and neither option is unethical or immoral."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273043
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Opinions on withdrawing candidacy post-CB? I have several good choices and kind of want to take myself out of the running for some firms I hadn't heard from before they officially reject me.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.