Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:19 pm

snail mail dings from:

Covington DC
Skadden NY
DPW NY
Paul Weiss NY

your loss motherfuckers!

terribleperson
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby terribleperson » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:snail mail dings from:

Covington DC
Skadden NY
DPW NY
Paul Weiss NY

your loss motherfuckers!


Rough day =/

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:32 pm

terribleperson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:snail mail dings from:

Covington DC
Skadden NY
DPW NY
Paul Weiss NY

your loss motherfuckers!


Rough day =/


I'm the guy from earlier who said he has been doing very well in California, so I'm not totally bummed. I guess NY wasn't meant to be. I got a CB from STB and am waiting on Cleary NY and W&C, so we'll see how the rest of East Coast goes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Paul Weiss NY ding via snail.

My NY ratio of screeners to CBs is not nearly as good as DC. I don't think I was very convincing about wanting to end up in NY, which is okay because I don't want to end up in NY. Has anyone who has been to a Kirkland (DC) CB heard anything yet?

terribleperson
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby terribleperson » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
terribleperson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:snail mail dings from:

Covington DC
Skadden NY
DPW NY
Paul Weiss NY

your loss motherfuckers!


Rough day =/


I'm the guy from earlier who said he has been doing very well in California, so I'm not totally bummed. I guess NY wasn't meant to be. I got a CB from STB and am waiting on Cleary NY and W&C, so we'll see how the rest of East Coast goes.


Cleary and W&C already gave some CB's, fyi, but I obviously don't know if they gave all they intend to give. I would wager that least W&C did give all they intend to, because they purposely waited until every single GULC student had been screened before making phone calls.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:08 pm

terribleperson wrote:
Cleary and W&C already gave some CB's, fyi, but I obviously don't know if they gave all they intend to give. I would wager that least W&C did give all they intend to, because they purposely waited until every single GULC student had been screened before making phone calls.


Has W&C made CBs since the in-office screeners on Tuesday?

terribleperson
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby terribleperson » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
terribleperson wrote:
Cleary and W&C already gave some CB's, fyi, but I obviously don't know if they gave all they intend to give. I would wager that least W&C did give all they intend to, because they purposely waited until every single GULC student had been screened before making phone calls.


Has W&C made CBs since the in-office screeners on Tuesday?


Yeah

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:36 pm

terribleperson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
terribleperson wrote:
Cleary and W&C already gave some CB's, fyi, but I obviously don't know if they gave all they intend to give. I would wager that least W&C did give all they intend to, because they purposely waited until every single GULC student had been screened before making phone calls.


Has W&C made CBs since the in-office screeners on Tuesday?


Yeah


TO people who were in those screeners? And were any of them 3Ls? My interviewer says to me, "so tell us if you get a clerkship" - which is in three weeks - so I just figured, especially since I'm really applying for 2013, or maybe even 2014 if I only land a district and decide to do two clerkships, that this is a really elongated process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Paul Weiss NY ding via snail.

My NY ratio of screeners to CBs is not nearly as good as DC. I don't think I was very convincing about wanting to end up in NY, which is okay because I don't want to end up in NY. Has anyone who has been to a Kirkland (DC) CB heard anything yet?



Had a Kirkland CB- haven't heard anything- did they mention any kind of timeline to you?

terribleperson
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby terribleperson » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
terribleperson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
terribleperson wrote:
Cleary and W&C already gave some CB's, fyi, but I obviously don't know if they gave all they intend to give. I would wager that least W&C did give all they intend to, because they purposely waited until every single GULC student had been screened before making phone calls.


Has W&C made CBs since the in-office screeners on Tuesday?


Yeah


TO people who were in those screeners? And were any of them 3Ls? My interviewer says to me, "so tell us if you get a clerkship" - which is in three weeks - so I just figured, especially since I'm really applying for 2013, or maybe even 2014 if I only land a district and decide to do two clerkships, that this is a really elongated process.


I don't have any other information. I don't know why they would wait to see the in-office screeners before deciding on the EIW people if they weren't just doing it all in one big group. But who knows?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:01 pm

terribleperson wrote:I don't have any other information. I don't know why they would wait to see the in-office screeners before deciding on the EIW people if they weren't just doing it all in one big group. But who knows?


I don't see why they would wait, but you could easily see how the 2012 SA class and the 2012 permanent offer class, and the 2013 permanent offer class, could be separated out into different callback timetables. Actually, I do see why they would wait if some of the in-office screeners were 2Ls, and I assume some were.

terribleperson
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby terribleperson » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
terribleperson wrote:I don't have any other information. I don't know why they would wait to see the in-office screeners before deciding on the EIW people if they weren't just doing it all in one big group. But who knows?


I don't see why they would wait, but you could easily see how the 2012 SA class and the 2012 permanent offer class, and the 2013 permanent offer class, could be separated out into different callback timetables. Actually, I do see why they would wait if some of the in-office screeners were 2Ls, and I assume some were.


Ah, I assumed you meant part-time students who are "3Ls" but intend to summer just like the 2Ls because they have 2 years of school left. I wasn't even aware that true 3Ls were interviewing there. I just remember seeing "interviewing 3Ls for corporate only" all over the EIW materials, which wouldn't apply to W&C.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Paul Weiss NY ding via snail.

My NY ratio of screeners to CBs is not nearly as good as DC. I don't think I was very convincing about wanting to end up in NY, which is okay because I don't want to end up in NY. Has anyone who has been to a Kirkland (DC) CB heard anything yet?



Had a Kirkland CB- haven't heard anything- did they mention any kind of timeline to you?


Nope. Really liked it there and I felt it went well. Unfortunately they don't have a very big class size, so I don't think the odds are good.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:53 am

Since, unfortunately, it looks like most callbacks have gone out by now, does anyone want to share their total number? Curious about how our oci was compared to other years and other schools.

I ended up with only four and have heard from most of the firms by now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Since, unfortunately, it looks like most callbacks have gone out by now, does anyone want to share their total number? Curious about how our oci was compared to other years and other schools.

I ended up with only four and have heard from most of the firms by now.


I think in order for this to be useful you need to post some sort of rough stats. If you are top 10% w/ 4 CBs then that is looking pretty rough for GULC as a whole. If you are median w/ 4 then that is way better than previous years.

I'm top 1/3, secondary, some WE. 5 CBs so far. (3 DC, 2 NYC) all V50 sort of range. Honestly kind of what I expected.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Since, unfortunately, it looks like most callbacks have gone out by now, does anyone want to share their total number? Curious about how our oci was compared to other years and other schools.

I ended up with only four and have heard from most of the firms by now.


I think in order for this to be useful you need to post some sort of rough stats. If you are top 10% w/ 4 CBs then that is looking pretty rough for GULC as a whole. If you are median w/ 4 then that is way better than previous years.

I'm top 1/3, secondary, some WE. 5 CBs so far. (3 DC, 2 NYC) all V50 sort of range. Honestly kind of what I expected.


I think you've done very well for yourself.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:06 am

Significantly below median (3.11). 3 callbacks.

Edit to add: secondary journal, no WE.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 am

Top 15%, secondary j, no WE.

12 CB, 7 NY and 3 DC

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Significantly below median (3.11). 3 callbacks.


Higher than top 10% but secondary journal. 7 CBs (4 NYC, 3 DC). 2 V10s, 1 of Sidley, Wilmer, or Gibson, and 4 V50s.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:25 am

Better than top 5%, main, WE, 15 CBs, 8 V10s.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 am

in a way, this is turning into something almost depressing. i guess when we go to school with 600 people, there's still plentyof people in the top 15%

terribleperson
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby terribleperson » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:in a way, this is turning into something almost depressing. i guess when we go to school with 600 people, there's still plentyof people in the top 15%


What exactly is depressing? Were you hoping only people lower in the class than you would post? If so, then you were not coming to TLS for information, because the experience of people lower in the class would have less relevance to you than the experience of your GPA peers, but instead you were coming to boost your ego.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am

Top 10%, Secondary Journal, not much WE but good summer internship. I don't know if I'm a good interviewer, but certainly they all felt like they went well.

8/18 on callbacks.

1 V10, 3 V20, 1 V30, 1 V50, 1 V100 1 small unranked firm

3 DC, 1 NY, 2 Chi, 2 Secondary Market

I also found that having been selected for a screener through resume was not that strong of an indication that a firm was really interested. I believe I went something like 2/6 on those, although the dings were from Cravath, Cleary (DC), W&C (Soft), Covington(soft). My guess is I would have converted one or two more of those if I had made main journal, and presumably that's what those firms were waiting to see.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Top 10%, Secondary Journal, not much WE but good summer internship. I don't know if I'm a good interviewer, but certainly they all felt like they went well.

8/18 on callbacks.

1 V10, 3 V20, 1 V30, 1 V50, 1 V100 1 small unranked firm

3 DC, 1 NY, 2 Chi, 2 Secondary Market

I also found that having been selected for a screener through resume was not that strong of an indication that a firm was really interested. I believe I went something like 2/6 on those, although the dings were from Cravath, Cleary (DC), W&C (Soft), Covington(soft). My guess is I would have converted one or two more of those if I had made main journal, and presumably that's what those firms were waiting to see.


I'm top 10% on main and you are doing better than I am. I'd say 8 cb's is a decent number with your stats.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:52 am

So has anyone heard literally anything, good or bad, from Ropes NY?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.