Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett (NYC)


Yep. Weird.

I'm top 10% fwiw.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett (NYC)


Yep. Weird.

I'm top 10% fwiw.


As am I. Now I want to know why they got my resume, and where else OCS sent out my resume without informing me.

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Torvon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Someone want to give me a few bullet points of the most important eiw orientation information?

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby xcountryjunkie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:39 pm

No making out with your significant other in the hall between interviews.

PeanutHead
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby PeanutHead » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:47 am

So are we posting CBs and dings in this thread once they start rolling in?

User avatar
HETPE3B
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby HETPE3B » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:02 pm

PeanutHead wrote:So are we posting CBs and dings in this thread once they start rolling in?

Anyone gotten a callback at the end of their interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 pm

HETPE3B wrote:
PeanutHead wrote:So are we posting CBs and dings in this thread once they start rolling in?

Anyone gotten a callback at the end of their interview?


Yes. Don't want to say what firm tho.

Also- everyone seems to be talking about MoFo MoFo MoFo. Why is this?

PeanutHead
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby PeanutHead » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Are you asking who MoFo (morrison and foerster) are or why everyone is talking about them?

User avatar
HETPE3B
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby HETPE3B » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
HETPE3B wrote:
PeanutHead wrote:So are we posting CBs and dings in this thread once they start rolling in?

Anyone gotten a callback at the end of their interview?


Yes. Don't want to say what firm tho.

Also- everyone seems to be talking about MoFo MoFo MoFo. Why is this?

All I heard was Fried Frank, Fried Frank, Fried Frank.

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby shadow. » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:49 pm

More thoughts on today?

Exhausting. Bombed one interview after getting the "what questions do you have" right after "Hello."

We could definitely use more seating in the student area.

thrillerjesus
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:43 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby thrillerjesus » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Also, they should institute a bidding lottery for spots on the elevators.

User avatar
Huskrfn127
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Huskrfn127 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm taking the stairs from now on anytime I'm going down. It took at least 5 minutes to get a car with enough space for everyone on my floor at one point.

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby shadow. » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Has anyone heard from any firms from yesterday?

PeanutHead
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby PeanutHead » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Nope. Haven't heard of anyone getting them either.

User avatar
HETPE3B
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby HETPE3B » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:00 pm

PeanutHead wrote:Nope. Haven't heard of anyone getting them either.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm

HETPE3B wrote:
PeanutHead wrote:Nope. Haven't heard of anyone getting them either.


anyone who interviewed with gibson dunn receive an invitation for a reception tonight?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Anyone hear from Gunster?

User avatar
HETPE3B
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby HETPE3B » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Any dings?

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby shadow. » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:31 pm

No dings yet, but radio silence otherwise. Cleary told me to expect to hear Thursday or Friday. No other info from other firms though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:33 pm

I received a callback yesterday but I don't want to say which firm, it was a firm that is done interviewing at EIW if that helps.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received a callback yesterday but I don't want to say which firm, it was a firm that is done interviewing at EIW if that helps.

Hardly any firm spends more than a day at the EIW. So no, it doesn't.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received a callback yesterday but I don't want to say which firm, it was a firm that is done interviewing at EIW if that helps.

Hardly any firm spends more than a day at the EIW. So no, it doesn't.


If you're not going to give the city, or a list of possible firms, or anything besides "I got a callback" then keep it to yourself.

PeanutHead
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby PeanutHead » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:04 pm

+1
This is why we have the anon feature. Plus No firm is gonna care if you put on here that you got a callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Logged in here expecting everyone to be sharing callback info, etc. Come on your pansies, talk.

I've had three explicit callback invites to West Coast firms and some implicit ones ("we definitely want to talk to you, will get to you in a few days"), but have had radio silence from NY, Chicago and DC. Anyone heard of NY or DC firms issuing callbacks already?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Logged in here expecting everyone to be sharing callback info, etc. Come on your pansies, talk.

I've had three explicit callback invites to West Coast firms and some implicit ones ("we definitely want to talk to you, will get to you in a few days"), but have had radio silence from NY, Chicago and DC. Anyone heard of NY or DC firms issuing callbacks already?


Yes, got a CB from a NY firm that interviewed Monday.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.