Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Georgetown 2011 OCI Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any SRZ offers?
Not yet, but I got an offer at my top choice, so I'll be withdrawing from SRZ. It is an awesome firm and hopefully I open up a spot for another GULC person. Good luck
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocolatevanillacake

New

Post by chocolatevanillacake » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any SRZ offers?
Not yet, but I got an offer at my top choice, so I'll be withdrawing from SRZ. It is an awesome firm and hopefully I open up a spot for another GULC person. Good luck

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To anyone with a clifford chance cb: when did they have you schedule yours? The only option they gave me was late September. I feel like having a callback then is useless and the class will be filled, especially with their small class size.
Everyone I know at Georgetown who has a CC cb has it in late Sept (myself included). However I have a friend at another school who's already done her cb and gotten an offer from CC NY. So your concern is not completely unjustified. But if CC is like other firms, they probably like to hire a certain number of GULC kids...
Mine's mid-September. I don't know about the "wanting to hire GULC" thing - they don't have any associates from here in the NY office, at least not according to the website. Several partners, but no associates.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To anyone with a clifford chance cb: when did they have you schedule yours? The only option they gave me was late September. I feel like having a callback then is useless and the class will be filled, especially with their small class size.
Everyone I know at Georgetown who has a CC cb has it in late Sept (myself included). However I have a friend at another school who's already done her cb and gotten an offer from CC NY. So your concern is not completely unjustified. But if CC is like other firms, they probably like to hire a certain number of GULC kids...
Mine's mid-September. I don't know about the "wanting to hire GULC" thing - they don't have any associates from here in the NY office, at least not according to the website. Several partners, but no associates.
There seem to be a lot of us on here with CC callbacks. Considering they have a summer class of like 25, this is troubling.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
There seem to be a lot of us on here with CC callbacks. Considering they have a summer class of like 25, this is troubling.
Remember- they are expecting some of you to say no. that means they're going to give out a decent number more offers than they expect to take them. no reason to be overly worried.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Anybody get a CB from Sidley in Chicago?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody get a CB from Sidley in Chicago?
Those calls went out almost 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:24 pm

Anybody do a STB NY callback/receive an offer? If so, stats?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

It's hard not to interpret these abrupt answers as being a little nasty. Thanks for the info, though. Any idea how many they gave/ to what kind of stats they gave them?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

It's hard not to interpret these abrupt answers as being a little nasty. Thanks for the info, though. Any idea how many they gave/ to what kind of stats they gave them?
That you can extrapolate nastiness from "Those calls went out almost 2 weeks ago" is impressive. Ha.

PeanutHead

New

Post by PeanutHead » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:41 pm

I never heard anything from Sidley Chicago either. Maybe we'll get a ding someday in the mail.

slv123086

New

Post by slv123086 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That you can extrapolate nastiness from "Those calls went out almost 2 weeks ago" is impressive. Ha.

With Sidley, and other firms generally, if you have not heard one way or another yet, is it safe to treat this is a de facto ding? Is there any likelihood that firms would just not get back to you (i.e., the way firm's respond to resume cold calling)

PeanutHead

New

Post by PeanutHead » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote: That you can extrapolate nastiness from "Those calls went out almost 2 weeks ago" is impressive. Ha
I can actually see their point. Although I really doubt you meant anything by it. I think the stress of the last couple weeks has taken its toll.

Good luck to everyone with callbacks and making final decisions.

Edited to add: I really think eventually they will send us something.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Yeah, they (Sidley Chi) only interviewed 20 I think, so I wonder how many they callback in the first place, given the fact that it's a bit uncommon for GULCers to end up there.

Just out of curiosity, what are your stats. I'm top 1/3 with some connections to Chi. Secondary journal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:46 pm

PeanutHead wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: That you can extrapolate nastiness from "Those calls went out almost 2 weeks ago" is impressive. Ha
I can actually see their point. Although I really doubt you meant anything by it. I think the stress of the last couple weeks has taken its toll.

Good luck to everyone with callbacks and making final decisions.

Edited to add: I really think eventually they will send us something.
Did not mean anything by it. Definitely has been a stressful few weeks for some of us so it's likely we are all on edge a tad.

PeanutHead

New

Post by PeanutHead » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just out of curiosity, what are your stats. I'm top 1/3 with some connections to Chi. Secondary journal.
Basically the same.

I had actually heard that they moved really slow last from a friend of mine that ended up working there-like it took them several weeks to make callbacks. Apparently they were a little different this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I was trying to be helpful. Is there a minimum word count after which nastiness turns into thoughtfulness?

Anyway, to continue being helpful, albeit less so in this case...I don't know. I know of a top 10% getting a CB, but that's all the information I have.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Post CB news from Cleary or DPW?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Post CB news from Cleary or DPW?
Had a morning Cleary CB last week and got an offer the next day.

Still waiting on DPW from last week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Any news out of Hogan DC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Post CB news from Cleary or DPW?
Had a morning Cleary CB last week and got an offer the next day.

Still waiting on DPW from last week.

Also still waiting on DPW from last week

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any news out of Hogan DC?
I know a few people doing CBs this week. No word of offers yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:18 am

Any word on K&E post-callback?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:19 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:33 am

Anonymous User wrote: Had a morning Cleary CB last week and got an offer the next day.
+1
Anonymous User wrote:Any word on K&E post-callback?
See above.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”