Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Email dings from morgan lewis, edelson McGuire, McDermott will emery, and jones day

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:22 pm

say school at least if you guys dont mind

UIUC snail mail ding from holland & knight today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:54 pm

adammac17 wrote:UIUC email ding from McDermott Will and Emery


+1

urbana law here

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby dreakol » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:56 pm

dreakol wrote:
adammac17 wrote:anybody want to keep track of callbacks as they happen? i can confirm Taft Stettinius Hollister (indy) made callbacks wed night after their interviews. anybody else heard things yet? the cso email suggests a lot have been given out already.


if we are to do this, we should do it in the employment forum so people can poast anonymously and not hog this thread

with that said, i can confirm schiff hardin + seigfreid bingham (KC) have given call backs out and jones day and edelson mcquire (spelling?) have started to ding people


just bringing this stuff over here

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby dreakol » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from UIUC or Notre Dame hear from Deloitte OCI yet?


Or Chapman & Cutler?


E-mail ding from Chapman & Cutler.


uiuc?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Email dings from morgan lewis, edelson McGuire, McDermott will emery, and jones day

OP here. This is UIUC. Also, ice miller and dykema have given UIUC people CB's already

When can you assume something is a soft ding?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Email dings @ Varnum and McDermott Will & Emery.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Any news from Twin Cities firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:44 pm

dreakol wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from UIUC or Notre Dame hear from Deloitte OCI yet?


Or Chapman & Cutler?


E-mail ding from Chapman & Cutler.


uiuc?


ND. Also e-mail ding from McDermott, Emery & Will.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:01 am

UIUC here

what i have heard from various people:

cbs given out for vedder, ice miller, perkins, schiff, winston, mcguire woods, K&l gates, burke

heard dings for morgan lewis, edelson mcguire, dykema

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:cbs given out for vedder, ice miller, perkins, schiff, winston, mcguire woods, K&l gates, burke

well fuck that's awful news. UIUC here. When can we assume these are soft dings?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:cbs given out for vedder, ice miller, perkins, schiff, winston, mcguire woods, K&l gates, burke

well fuck that's awful news. UIUC here. When can we assume these are soft dings?


:( probably if it has been 2-3 days since the call back. it takes longer to snail mail the dings.

i know winston said you'd hear back from them almost immediately if you were getting a cb

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 am

UIUC'ers: post stats so this is more helpful. Also we can scare the 1L's when they see the entire top of the class striking out

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:cbs given out for vedder, ice miller, perkins, schiff, winston, mcguire woods, K&l gates, burke

well fuck that's awful news.


guess I shouldnt be so surprised though. at this point it looks like Chicago is going to be another bloodbath

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:05 am

Sorry I can't post stats, this is what I heard from a variety of people who were top 5%ish to top 50%

I know a lot of people already did CBs but have been keeping quiet

But also a lot of dings

Not trying to scare anyone, myself included, but OCI was a bit of a bloodbath

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I can't post stats, this is what I heard from a variety of people who were top 5%ish to top 50%

I know a lot of people already did CBs but have been keeping quiet

But also a lot of dings

Not trying to scare anyone, myself included, but OCI was a bit of a bloodbath


ND or other school? i can't imagine people from illinois having already done call backs (scheduled them, sure) because oci ended like 2 days ago.

ShitLawOrBust
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby ShitLawOrBust » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I can't post stats, this is what I heard from a variety of people who were top 5%ish to top 50%

I know a lot of people already did CBs but have been keeping quiet

But also a lot of dings

Not trying to scare anyone, myself included, but OCI was a bit of a bloodbath


ND or other school? i can't imagine people from illinois having already done call backs (scheduled them, sure) because oci ended like 2 days ago.


Odd flame

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:43 am

ShitLawOrBust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I can't post stats, this is what I heard from a variety of people who were top 5%ish to top 50%

I know a lot of people already did CBs but have been keeping quiet

But also a lot of dings

Not trying to scare anyone, myself included, but OCI was a bit of a bloodbath


ND or other school? i can't imagine people from illinois having already done call backs (scheduled them, sure) because oci ended like 2 days ago.


Odd flame


honest question. do firms do them on weekends? i tried to schedule mine as early as possible and still couldn't get anything until the middle of this week.

edit: if they got the cbs outside of oci, then sure

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ShitLawOrBust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I can't post stats, this is what I heard from a variety of people who were top 5%ish to top 50%

I know a lot of people already did CBs but have been keeping quiet

But also a lot of dings

Not trying to scare anyone, myself included, but OCI was a bit of a bloodbath


ND or other school? i can't imagine people from illinois having already done call backs (scheduled them, sure) because oci ended like 2 days ago.


Odd flame


honest question. do firms do them on weekends? i tried to schedule mine as early as possible and still couldn't get anything until the middle of this week.

edit: if they got the cbs outside of oci, then sure


I doubt they do them on weekends

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Snail mail ding from McGuireWoods. ND

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 am

Any word from Deloitte?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 am

romothesavior wrote:So, are you asking what is a good pay rate for a summer intern? Are you looking to pay hourly or weekly?

In response to some of your other concerns, I can tell you there is a big contingent of WUSTLers who want to stay here. I know this because I'm heavily involved in our St. Louis student organization. I think the general feeling is that St. Louis firms just flat out don't want us, especially small and mid-sized firms. The three highest officers in this student org are all working outside of St. Louis this summer. I have a friend with top 25% grades and LR and a long-term girlfriend working in the city who has struggled to get interviews here. I personally had offers in cities where I had no ties like Indy and even one in KC, but struggled to get them here, and I came to WUSTL for the explicit reason of staying here long term. Now I'm not. The city is just so insular and parochial, even compared with other secondary Midwestern markets.

There is also the concern about loan repayment. If I had no debt, I would very possibly have pursued St. Louis small firms a lot more rigorously, as opposed to gunning for big firms both in and outside the city. One of my favorite firms in town was a mid-sized place that paid about 70k. But with the cost of law school, I had to cross them off once some better opportunities came up.

St. Louis isn't just insular, it's hard all around. Born and raised in Stl, decent grades, could hardly get an interview in Stl during OCI. Even at the mid-sized firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Katten ding. UIUC

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Anyone interview with Dinsmore & Shohl for 3L position?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:03 pm

chapman & cutler ding via email. UIUC. this is gettin rough




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.