Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Greenebaum?


Nothing. It seems like there are three of us (maybe four) on here that haven't heard anything one way or the other. The silence is starting to seem odd.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Greenebaum?


Nothing. It seems like there are three of us (maybe four) on here that haven't heard anything one way or the other. The silence is starting to seem odd.


I suppose it's comforting to know I'm not alone. Have you contacted them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Greenebaum?


Nothing. It seems like there are three of us (maybe four) on here that haven't heard anything one way or the other. The silence is starting to seem odd.


I suppose it's comforting to know I'm not alone. Have you contacted them?


First Poster ("Any word from Greenebaum?"), but no. I will be reaching out to them by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything. I will keep you all posted if we don't get word before then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Greenebaum?


Nothing. It seems like there are three of us (maybe four) on here that haven't heard anything one way or the other. The silence is starting to seem odd.


I suppose it's comforting to know I'm not alone. Have you contacted them?


First Poster ("Any word from Greenebaum?"), but no. I will be reaching out to them by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything. I will keep you all posted if we don't get word before then.


Think we should be concerned, for whatever reason?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Any news from HB STL or Greensfelder (corporate)? I think they said they would try to make their decisions last week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any news from HB STL or Greensfelder (corporate)? I think they said they would try to make their decisions last week?


I'm the anon with the labor&employment offer at Greensfelder. Recruiting manager said an offer was made for the Corporate dept, but I didn't ask if the person accepted or what school (thought that would have been weird). Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Any word yet from Allstate Insurance UIUC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word yet from Allstate Insurance UIUC?


Nope. Honestly, I am not really expecting to b/c my interview didn't go that well...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I've failed this process. No matter how much I practice and no matter how much advice I get from career services, I must just utterly suck at interviewing. Top 5%, LR.


Keep grades up, take fed courts, clerkship--> biglawl-->????---> proffit.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any news from HB STL or Greensfelder (corporate)? I think they said they would try to make their decisions last week?


HB STL post-callback ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any news from HB STL or Greensfelder (corporate)? I think they said they would try to make their decisions last week?


HB STL post-callback ding.



Bummer...did you find out via snail mail or email?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any news from HB STL or Greensfelder (corporate)? I think they said they would try to make their decisions last week?


HB STL post-callback ding.



Bummer...did you find out via snail mail or email?


Snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bummer...did you find out via snail mail or email?


Snail mail.

+1, me too. Kinda shocked because I thought I had a good shot at an offer (or at least to make it to the "waiting list").

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bummer...did you find out via snail mail or email?


Snail mail.

+1, me too. Kinda shocked because I thought I had a good shot at an offer (or at least to make it to the "waiting list").



Shoot I guess I'll be checking the mail more now too...when did you guys find this out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bummer...did you find out via snail mail or email?


Snail mail.

+1, me too. Kinda shocked because I thought I had a good shot at an offer (or at least to make it to the "waiting list").



Shoot I guess I'll be checking the mail more now too...when did you guys find this out?

Today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bummer...did you find out via snail mail or email?


Snail mail.

+1, me too. Kinda shocked because I thought I had a good shot at an offer (or at least to make it to the "waiting list").



Shoot I guess I'll be checking the mail more now too...when did you guys find this out?


Yesterday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Greenebaum?


They are making decisions at the end of the week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 am

Potentially ridiculous question.

But...

Has anyone heard anything from Polsinelli? Up, down, or indifferent? I've talked to a half dozen people that interviewed with them. None have heard a peep. No word on callbacks, either offering or sending a ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Greenebaum?


They are making decisions at the end of the week.


Good to know. Thanks for the update. Any information on why it has taken longer than they initially stated? My assumption is they did more callbacks after the Super Friday, but I could be totally off-base. Just seems strange when all signs pointed to no later than the end of last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Greenebaum?


They are making decisions at the end of the week.


Good to know. Thanks for the update. Any information on why it has taken longer than they initially stated? My assumption is they did more callbacks after the Super Friday, but I could be totally off-base. Just seems strange when all signs pointed to no later than the end of last week.


If that's the case, I'm not sure how well it bodes for those of us in the initial batch.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Potentially ridiculous question.

But...

Has anyone heard anything from Polsinelli? Up, down, or indifferent? I've talked to a half dozen people that interviewed with them. None have heard a peep. No word on callbacks, either offering or sending a ding.


I haven't heard from them or Perkins Coie regarding anything. It's been about six weeks since OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Greenebaum?


They are making decisions at the end of the week.


Good to know. Thanks for the update. Any information on why it has taken longer than they initially stated? My assumption is they did more callbacks after the Super Friday, but I could be totally off-base. Just seems strange when all signs pointed to no later than the end of last week.


If that's the case, I'm not sure how well it bodes for those of us in the initial batch.


Heard through a friend that there was a slight delay for the committee to make decisions.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Illinois - Anyone hear from Berger Schatz or Hodges, Loizzi?

:)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Does anyone find it strange that I've searched everywhere and I can't find anything on Hall Render's salary?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273091
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone find it strange that I've searched everywhere and I can't find anything on Hall Render's salary?



I've looked as well and haven't found anything. From what I gathered at the callback, the hourly requirement is 1750 without an "understood" hourly requirement. That makes me think that the pay can't be market for Indy, and it even scares me into thinking it may be well below. That being said, this is only my gut reaction, however, I really liked the firm during my callback.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.