Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Also dinged at Jenner Block via email after mass mail. T20, top 25%, secondary journal.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Ding from Chadbourne & Parke via email- from NDLS NYC program. Top 10%ish/LR- interviews were yesterday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Callback interview request from mass mail/network hustle at one of Indy's big three (Ice Miller, Barnes and Thornburg, Baker Daniels).

Good grades at a T25 located outside of Indiana.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Callback interview request from mass mail/network hustle at one of Indy's big three (Ice Miller, Barnes and Thornburg, Baker Daniels).

Good grades at a T25 located outside of Indiana.


mind indicating if you have any ties at all to Indy?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Callback interview request from mass mail/network hustle at one of Indy's big three (Ice Miller, Barnes and Thornburg, Baker Daniels).

Good grades at a T25 located outside of Indiana.


mind indicating if you have any ties at all to Indy?


I have moderate ties. Make a non-anon post and I'll PM you if you want.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby traehekat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Callback interview request from mass mail/network hustle at one of Indy's big three (Ice Miller, Barnes and Thornburg, Baker Daniels).

Good grades at a T25 located outside of Indiana.


mind indicating if you have any ties at all to Indy?


I have moderate ties. Make a non-anon post and I'll PM you if you want.


thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:43 am

Minn students submitted their bids today. Preselect selection begins next week! eek! Good luck to my fellow gophers out there!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:58 am

Wow, Minn's OCI is looking really bad this year. Is this the same as other similarly ranked Midwest schools? I've put in like 20 bids, but would only really want to work at like 5 of them. I think there's 0 NY firms, 2 DC firms, and 1 Chicago firm.

I can't imagine relying solely on Minn's OCI to get a job.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wow, Minn's OCI is looking really bad this year. Is this the same as other similarly ranked Midwest schools? I've put in like 20 bids, but would only really want to work at like 5 of them. I think there's 0 NY firms, 2 DC firms, and 1 Chicago firm.

I can't imagine relying solely on Minn's OCI to get a job.


Things are rough at Iowa as well. There is a huge minneapolis turnout, but only 2 Chicago firms, no NY, no CA, no DC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:20 am

How the heck do we (Minn, Iowa) get Chicago? We have to mass mail I guess?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 am

If you wanted Chi, why didn't you go to UIUC? or even wustl(chi is hard here too...) Much easier to land firms in your hometown market(MPLS, etc). What is Iowa's market?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:06 am

Probably too late for a mass mailing, but if you're going to try, you better try today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:44 am

I have mass-mailed tons of Chicago firms from Iowa with no luck. I don't think its too late to mass-mail yet, but Chicago is a brutal market and breaking into it is hard.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:55 am

I've mass mailed Chicago and have Ties(born there, UChi Undergrad) No luck. Sea of rejections. Shit's brutal son.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 pm

I go to a T25, top 25 percent of class, the top secondary journal.

Been pretty much destroyed. Hoping to see something better from my mass mail to my undergrad's area and the next 3-4 OCI bid weeks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Is anyone having succes with firms in mpls?

any smaller firms hiring?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone having succes with firms in mpls?

any smaller firms hiring?


Yes. I have interviews with multiple MPLS, market paying firms.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 pm

I got a snail mail letter from a firm that I didn't get a screener with during OCI saying that they received my resume and may contact me to schedule an interview at a later date. What should I make of this?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:00 pm

When a firm's interview slot number goes down and your status switches from pending to n/a, does that mean the firm preselected you? I am assuming yes because others remain pending even though the number goes down. Does anyone know how long it changes to switch over from n/a?

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Anyone from Illinois heard anything yet?

I've done a bunch of interviews yesterday and today and have a few more tomorrow but, so far, nothing but silence. I guess TLS convinced me that firms extended callbacks faster than they do?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackson
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby jackson » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When a firm's interview slot number goes down and your status switches from pending to n/a, does that mean the firm preselected you? I am assuming yes because others remain pending even though the number goes down. Does anyone know how long it changes to switch over from n/a?

Thanks!


n/a = NOT ACCEPTED?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Illinois heard anything yet?

I've did a bunch of interviews yesterday and today and have a few more tomorrow but, so far, nothing but silence. I guess TLS convinced me that firms extended callbacks faster than they do?


Someone got a callback from Proskauer (CA) today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Illinois heard anything yet?

I've did a bunch of interviews yesterday and today and have a few more tomorrow but, so far, nothing but silence. I guess TLS convinced me that firms extended callbacks faster than they do?


Someone got a callback from Proskauer (CA) today.


Fuuuuuck, that's my number one choice. Do you know if it was a 2l or 3l? How long ago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Illinois heard anything yet?

I've did a bunch of interviews yesterday and today and have a few more tomorrow but, so far, nothing but silence. I guess TLS convinced me that firms extended callbacks faster than they do?


Someone got a callback from Proskauer (CA) today.


Fuuuuuck, that's my number one choice. Do you know if it was a 2l or 3l? How long ago?


I think it was a 2L. It was sometime over lunch, I think.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273242
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Illinois heard anything yet?

I've did a bunch of interviews yesterday and today and have a few more tomorrow but, so far, nothing but silence. I guess TLS convinced me that firms extended callbacks faster than they do?


Someone got a callback from Proskauer (CA) today.


Fuuuuuck, that's my number one choice. Do you know if it was a 2l or 3l? How long ago?


I think it was a 2L. It was sometime over lunch, I think.


Did they tell you they got the callback or did you just overhear?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.