Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:19 am

super bump...need to hear news. don't know where my cbs are.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:super bump...need to hear news. don't know where my cbs are.


as a uiuc student (unfortunately) , if you didnt get a cb within 48 hours, waive that shishh goodbye

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:31 am

Anyone from Kansas City? Would like to hear how everyone else is doing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Iowa. 20-30%. LR. solid (i think) WE prior to law school (1 year).

2 cb's. rather not say where at this point, as the oci population was pretty small this fall (imo).
lots of dings. but also lots of silence from firms that i expected to have sent out dings.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Iowa. 20-30%. LR. solid (i think) WE prior to law school (1 year).

2 cb's. rather not say where at this point, as the oci population was pretty small this fall (imo).
lots of dings. but also lots of silence from firms that i expected to have sent out dings.


Happy to see there is another Iowa person on here. Im at Drake.

Do you mind sharing if your CBs are in DSM? Iowa City? CR? How are your classmates doing?

What are some of the top Iowa firms that people gun for at OCI?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 pm

bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Iowa. 20-30%. LR. solid (i think) WE prior to law school (1 year).

2 cb's. rather not say where at this point, as the oci population was pretty small this fall (imo).
lots of dings. but also lots of silence from firms that i expected to have sent out dings.


Happy to see there is another Iowa person on here. Im at Drake.

Do you mind sharing if your CBs are in DSM? Iowa City? CR? How are your classmates doing?

What are some of the top Iowa firms that people gun for at OCI?


The cb's are not in the state of IA. Tough to tell how my classmates are doing-I think the top 10%+ are doing pretty well with CB's. I have a few friends with numerous CB's.

I imagine the top Iowa firms that our students gun for are the same ones that Drake folks gun for. Best of luck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:42 pm

another Iowa student here. I had two interviews with Iowa firms at OCI, and both mentioned they would not start doing cbs until mid to late sep. Not sure how true this is, but I guess you may not have to worry if you haven't heard from Iowa firms.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby romothesavior » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:bump

Okay seriously folks, I know you're all high strung right now with OCI energy, but this is over the top. Somebody posted 14 minutes before you did. No need to bump multiple times a day, especially when people are already posting as it is.

Not trying to be a jerk, just try to be mindful of forum etiquette. Good luck to all of you who are still interviewing/waiting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Kansas City? Would like to hear how everyone else is doing.


cbs at husch, polsinelli, bc, and shook. From a non-midwest t25.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:07 pm

any news from illinois students?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Kansas City? Would like to hear how everyone else is doing.


cbs at husch, polsinelli, bc, and shook. From a non-midwest t25.


I actually know someone at my mid-west school with rejections from husch, bc and shook.

tim.janitor
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby tim.janitor » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Bump

:D

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any news from illinois students?


bloodbath

ctadash
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:34 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby ctadash » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any news from illinois students?


bloodbath


what do you mean bloodbath? stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 am

Not the original anon OP, but I'll share my OCI stats. Between the top 25% and top third, secondary journal. 12 screeners and 0 CBs (still waiting on 3 firms).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 am

ctadash wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any news from illinois students?


bloodbath


what do you mean bloodbath? stats?


top 20 percent w/ lr

18 screeners with 1 call back at a non-chicago firm. still waiting to hear on a couple firms but i am not holding my breath.

im not the original anonymous poster either to have said bloodbath
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:43 am

illinois. taft post-CB ding. snail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:super bump...need to hear news. don't know where my cbs are.


as a uiuc student (unfortunately) , if you didnt get a cb within 48 hours, waive that shishh goodbye



uiuc here. i got another call back last week, late in the week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ctadash wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any news from illinois students?


bloodbath


what do you mean bloodbath? stats?


top 20 percent w/ lr

18 screeners with 1 call back at a non-chicago firm. still waiting to hear on a couple firms but i am not holding my breath.

im not the original anonymous poster either to have said bloodbath


im the original poster.

same as above, though, top 20 percent with lr

22 screeners, 1 cb at a chicago firm

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:32 pm

UIUC students... how do you feel like this year compares to last? From what I've heard here at WUSTL, things are similar to last year for our 2Ls, maybe even better than last year. Do you think things are worse at UIUC? Kind of sounds like it, based on this thread. Possible that the school's scandal has had any impact?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby romothesavior » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 pm

^ That was me above, didn't mean to post anon.

And it goes without saying, best of luck to all of you going through this process right now, especially those who are having trouble. Keep chugging along, and keep mass mailing... do not rely on OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Just got a Chapman CB a full 3 weeks after screener. UIUC top 25% secondary

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got a Chapman CB a full 3 weeks after screener. UIUC top 25% secondary


same. at my count, that makes it 3 people from uiuc with chapman call backs. ugh.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Midwest T25s OCI discussion/results

Postby blurbz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:UIUC students... how do you feel like this year compares to last? From what I've heard here at WUSTL, things are similar to last year for our 2Ls, maybe even better than last year. Do you think things are worse at UIUC? Kind of sounds like it, based on this thread. Possible that the school's scandal has had any impact?



Hard to say....A lot of what we're seeing on here is top 20% + LR...the majority of the jobs at Illinois last year went to top 10% students. So we might have a slightly different cross-section of the class on TLS that makes it look worse than it was last year. Of course, it's still bad.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.