OCI Employer Perception of Evening Students? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Thedude737

New

OCI Employer Perception of Evening Students?

Post by Thedude737 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm an evening student in a T3 school and just finished my first year in the top 9% and made law review. I work full time as a paralegal in a small medical malpractice defense firm and post graduation, I would love to move on to bigger and better (maybe not better) things. My school typically has evening students participate in OCI the summer after their second full year.

How do employers perceive evening students? Will I stand out because I've been successful in my first year and hopefully second year of law school while maintaining a full time job? Or will I be looked down upon because I'm not a full time student? I'd love some advice from other evening students in similar positions.

Thedude737

New

Re: OCI Employer Perception of Evening Students?

Post by Thedude737 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Oops, I may have misstated facts. I meant to say a 3rd tier school, not a top 3 school.

victorjd

New

Re: OCI Employer Perception of Evening Students?

Post by victorjd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:51 pm

How do you think about medical malpractice, big money?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”