CLS v. HLS EIP

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
azntwice

CLS v. HLS EIP

Postby azntwice » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:55 am

This year HLS bumped up their EIP significantly - it used to be Aug 20s, now it's Aug. 15, placing it smack in the middle of CLS EIP. Speculation on how this will affect hiring at both schools?
Last edited by azntwice on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

adameus

Re: CLS v. HLS EIP

Postby adameus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 am

CLS is screwed...... :)

azntwice

Postby azntwice » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:01 pm

That's what I thought at first... but I am now thinking that it may only significantly affect below-median students at CLS. I highly doubt firms would hire below-median students at HLS over top-third CLS simply because HLS's interviews are now earlier. And I also don't think it will affect V10 that much either, seeing as they are selective already anyway. Meanwhile, V50-100 also prob won't be affected that much because they are getting the same range of HLS/CLS students applying either way... So really only V20-50 will be affected is my guess, as they will wait and see what happens with HLS instead of giving out callbacks right away. And then again, it costs nothing for firms to give CLS students a callback, so it may not even be that significant of an impact.

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:47 pm

azntwice wrote:That's what I thought at first... but I am now thinking that it may only significantly affect below-median students at CLS. I highly doubt firms would hire below-median students at HLS over top-third CLS simply because HLS's interviews are now earlier. And I also don't think it will affect V10 that much either, seeing as they are selective already anyway. Meanwhile, V50-100 also prob won't be affected that much because they are getting the same range of HLS/CLS students applying either way... So really only V20-50 will be affected is my guess, as they will wait and see what happens with HLS instead of giving out callbacks right away. And then again, it costs nothing for firms to give CLS students a callback, so it may not even be that significant of an impact.

To be honest, I hadn't known it would conflict until now, but like you seem to have concluded, I would be suprised if it made any significant impact.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Big NYC firms tend to have hiring targets out of CLS and HLS. I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 am

Firms have multiple people on their hiring committee. They'll send small groups to both OCI's simultaneously. This happens more often than one thinks, and will have zero effect on either school. The end.

Return to “Legal Employment”