Weird signature

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273515
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Weird signature

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:31 am

I have a weird signature, its not my name but simply a shape (its supposed to be a letter but it just looks like a shape). Is this okay to have on a cover letter or should I just write my name?

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby shoeshine » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 am

Are you signing your cover letters personally? Are you sending them via email or snail mail?

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have a weird signature, its not my name but simply a shape (its supposed to be a letter but it just looks like a shape). Is this okay to have on a cover letter or should I just write my name?


wut

Anonymous User
Posts: 273515
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weird signature

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:19 am

Its a scanned copy of my signature. Basically, my signature is not like a usual signature (its not my name), its just the first letter of my name and a shape basically... I guess my question is, is it okay if my signature looks like scribble?

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:Its a scanned copy of my signature. Basically, my signature is not like a usual signature (its not my name), its just the first letter of my name and a shape basically... I guess my question is, is it okay if my signature looks like scribble?


Sometimes I don't even understand how this world functions.

User avatar
Heartford
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby Heartford » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:33 am

Why not just sign your name quickly? It's not arts and crafts time and you are not the guitarist for a heavy metal band.

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Weird signature

Postby Real Madrid » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 am

Do you plan on signing your name in crayon?

All joking aside (sorry), I think you should just permanently change your signature.

Total Litigator
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby Total Litigator » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:22 am

Please tell me your name is Xavier, so your signature is just an "X"

On second thought, a shape might be worse than an X. You probably come off as slightly illiterate. Like you had someone else write your cover letter and then you signed it while your caretaker used a spoon to keep you from drooling all over the paper.

HBK
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby HBK » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:01 am

It's time you start signing something that resembles your name.

Building on that comment- if your name is John Smith- is J (squiggle) S (squiqqle) okay, or do we need to try and make it more legible?

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7254
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby beach_terror » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 am

HBK wrote:Building on that comment- if your name is John Smith- is J (squiggle) S (squiqqle) okay, or do we need to try and make it more legible?

Dear lord, you are an idiot.

HBK
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby HBK » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:07 am

beach_terror wrote:
HBK wrote:Building on that comment- if your name is John Smith- is J (squiggle) S (squiqqle) okay, or do we need to try and make it more legible?

Dear lord, you are an idiot.


Your face is an idiot.

Also, it's hilarious that a poster whose last dozen posts are about world of warcraft use an ad hominem attack to debase a legitimate question.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7254
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby beach_terror » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 am

HBK wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
HBK wrote:Building on that comment- if your name is John Smith- is J (squiggle) S (squiqqle) okay, or do we need to try and make it more legible?

Dear lord, you are an idiot.


Your face is an idiot.

Also, it's hilarious that a poster whose last dozen posts are about world of warcraft use an ad hominem attack to debase a legitimate question.

Dear lord, you are an idiot.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Weird signature

Postby Blessedassurance » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 am

This is why places like NU look favorably on WE/real life experience(s).




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.