UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers from Quinn LA, Cooley SD. Both are exceedingly awesome firms. Good luck everyone.


When did you do the cooley SD callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:13 pm

has anyone heard from S&C, DPW, &/or Skadden NYC yet (CBs or offers)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone heard from S&C, DPW, &/or Skadden NYC yet (CBs or offers)?


I got an offer from DPW NY on Friday. Callback was earlier that week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers from Quinn LA, Cooley SD. Both are exceedingly awesome firms. Good luck everyone.


When did you do the cooley SD callback?


Monday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers from Quinn LA, Cooley SD. Both are exceedingly awesome firms. Good luck everyone.


When did you do the cooley SD callback?


Monday.


tnx

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Emma. » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers from Quinn LA, Cooley SD. Both are exceedingly awesome firms. Good luck everyone.


Congrats!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:03 pm

An FYI for anyone interviewing at Cravath - the days of "getting an offer at the end of the day or not at all" are over.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got an offer from Katten this wednesday (9/14)


Congrats! When was the callback? How was the offer extended (phone, email)?


Thank you! callback was at end of previous week, offer was by phone by screener.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got an offer from Katten this wednesday (9/14)


Congrats! When was the callback? How was the offer extended (phone, email)?


Thank you! callback was at end of previous week, offer was by phone by screener.


Interviewer initials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 pm

has anyone heard from KL Gates NY at all?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland snail ding. Chicago office.


Was this for a screener or a CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 am

home from a callback to find three snail mail dings waiting for me ... kirkland, sidley and latham ... all chicago. oh well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:37 am

Canceled Skadden and Sidley CBs. Decided to go to another market, but those still stung. Hope someone else gets a spot as a result.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:home from a callback to find three snail mail dings waiting for me ... kirkland, sidley and latham ... all chicago. oh well.


Haha I know the feeling. I came home to find SIX rejection letters from OCI firms, all of whom were so pleased to meet me.

Of course I also came home with four offers so whatever --

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone heard from KL Gates NY at all?


mich kid here - got rejected from k&l gates via email late last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:home from a callback to find three snail mail dings waiting for me ... kirkland, sidley and latham ... all chicago. oh well.


Haha I know the feeling. I came home to find SIX rejection letters from OCI firms, all of whom were so pleased to meet me.

Of course I also came home with four offers so whatever --


Congrats on your success! Just make sure to follow NALP rules re: open offers haha.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:home from a callback to find three snail mail dings waiting for me ... kirkland, sidley and latham ... all chicago. oh well.


Haha I know the feeling. I came home to find SIX rejection letters from OCI firms, all of whom were so pleased to meet me.

Of course I also came home with four offers so whatever --


Congrats on your success! Just make sure to follow NALP rules re: open offers haha.


do we really need to be reminded of the rules? he'll either follow them, or he won't.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:home from a callback to find three snail mail dings waiting for me ... kirkland, sidley and latham ... all chicago. oh well.


Haha I know the feeling. I came home to find SIX rejection letters from OCI firms, all of whom were so pleased to meet me.

Of course I also came home with four offers so whatever --


Congrats on your success! Just make sure to follow NALP rules re: open offers haha.


do we really need to be reminded of the rules? he'll either follow them, or he won't.


What are the rules?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone heard from KL Gates NY at all?


mich kid here - got rejected from k&l gates via email late last week.


thanks! was this after a screener or cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got an offer from Katten this wednesday (9/14)


Congrats! When was the callback? How was the offer extended (phone, email)?


Thank you! callback was at end of previous week, offer was by phone by screener.


Interviewer initials?


DB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Haha I know the feeling. I came home to find SIX rejection letters from OCI firms, all of whom were so pleased to meet me.

Of course I also came home with four offers so whatever --


Congrats on your success! Just make sure to follow NALP rules re: open offers haha.


do we really need to be reminded of the rules? he'll either follow them, or he won't.


What are the rules?


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:do we really need to be reminded of the rules? he'll either follow them, or he won't.


What are the rules?


+1


Students aren't supposed to hold open more than five offers at a time.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Skadden NY ding via snail (from screener)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Just got home to find not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven, but eight rejections in the mail. They're all from screeners (I moved and the mail forwarding took a bit of time to catch up).

I almost prefer the comically large number all at once to a death-by-a-thousand-cuts rejection, but it still sucks.

If you need me I'll be in the corner drinking all of the bleach in my apartment.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got home to find not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven, but eight rejections in the mail. They're all from screeners (I moved and the mail forwarding took a bit of time to catch up).

I almost prefer the comically large number all at once to a death-by-a-thousand-cuts rejection, but it still sucks.

If you need me I'll be in the corner drinking all of the bleach in my apartment.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-7dSwAN ... e=related'

(every part of that clip is relevant to our life right now)




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.