UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:3L

CBs at Susman (Houston) & Kirkland (Los Angeles).

Ding at Irell (Newport Beach) (AGAIN!!)



Any 3L news out of Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:09 pm

CB Allen and Overy NY

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Callback for Ivins in DC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Any CBs from Latham LA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any CBs from Latham LA?


Word on the street is by the end of the week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:44 am

anyone hear from Steptoe DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:44 am

CB from Steptoe day after screener

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:CB from Steptoe day after screener


Congrats but damn

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 am

I know of W&C rejections, any CBs yet?

Anybody hear from Wachtell one way or the other?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:I know of W&C rejections, any CBs yet?

Anybody hear from Wachtell one way or the other?

At least one Wachtell CB has gone out.

User avatar
cubbiesyear
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby cubbiesyear » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:04 am

You guys want to list: (for me and all the other curious 0Ls out there)

# of callbacks:
# of dings:
# of outstanding decisions:
grades:
Primary market bid:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:CB from Steptoe day after screener


E-mail ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any CBs from Latham LA?


Latham LA cb

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:13 am

Wish I had better news, if only for the curious 0Ls. Maybe I had toilet paper hanging out of my suit?

cbs: 0
dings: 11
outstanding: 5, mainly reaches no one has heard from
grades: slightly above median
market: chicago

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:15 am

# of callbacks: all of them
# of dings: none of them
# of outstanding decisions: 0
grades: Transfer
Primary market bid: Your's


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:# of callbacks: all of them
# of dings: none of them
# of outstanding decisions: 0
grades: Transfer
Primary market bid: Your's


:lol: :lol: :lol:


My god, I am beat out by someone who doesn't know how to use apostrophes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:18 am

9 CBs
7 rejections (few more outstanding)
slightly below median
NYC

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:19 am

cbs: ~15
dings: ~3
outstanding: ~5, including a couple reaches
grades: probably close to top 10%, but no LR
market: NYC/DC

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wish I had better news, if only for the curious 0Ls. Maybe I had toilet paper hanging out of my suit?

cbs: 0
dings: 11
outstanding: 5, mainly reaches no one has heard from
grades: slightly above median
market: chicago

Chicago is much tougher again, it seems.

My grades are somewhere between 178.7-179 and I only have two Chicago CBs so far. And that's with 20 interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:# of callbacks: all of them
# of dings: none of them
# of outstanding decisions: 0
grades: Transfer
Primary market bid: Your's


:lol: :lol: :lol:


My god, I am beat out by someone who doesn't know how to use apostrophes.

That suck's bro.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wish I had better news, if only for the curious 0Ls. Maybe I had toilet paper hanging out of my suit?

cbs: 0
dings: 11
outstanding: 5, mainly reaches no one has heard from
grades: slightly above median
market: chicago

Chicago is much tougher again, it seems.

My grades are somewhere between 178.7-179 and I only have two Chicago CBs so far. And that's with 20 interviews.


Oof, that's rough. You'll get more, though, for sure. I don't even dare to hope for any at this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:05 am

I'd like to know how the guy with the light gray three-piece suit did.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'd like to know how the guy with the light gray three-piece suit did.


Asher? I'm sure he crushed it!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'd like to know how the guy with the light gray three-piece suit did.


Asher? I'm sure he crushed it!


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273258
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago 2011 OCI Discussion and Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any CBs from Latham LA?


Latham LA cb



When was the call made?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.