2011 Harvard EIP Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2011 Harvard EIP Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:43 am

anybody have an offer at milbank off of a callback from this past week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Yup. Milbank offer (NY). One week after CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Anybody who interviewed with Skadden last Thursday hear anything?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:59 pm

How long after a CB should I wait to follow up with a firm? It will be two weeks since my interview on Tuesday. This is also a firm that took over a week to get back to me after the initial screener.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody who interviewed with Skadden last Thursday hear anything?
Had mine on Tuesday and heard yesterday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:58 pm

anyone do cb with Weil? Thoughts? cb > offer time?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone do cb with Weil? Thoughts? cb > offer time?
Yep. One week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone do cb with Weil? Thoughts? cb > offer time?
Yep. One week.
Are you interested? What factors are you weighing? What other firms are you considering? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Has anyone heard from Williams and Connolly? Seriously, this is getting a tad ridiculous/sadistic.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Williams and Connolly? Seriously, this is getting a tad ridiculous/sadistic.

Yes, during the past week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:43 pm

So what's the consensus on how EIP went this year compared to years past? Trying to get an idea for how upward the trend is going for next year...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So what's the consensus on how EIP went this year compared to years past? Trying to get an idea for how upward the trend is going for next year...
From what I've heard, this year was really good. There are a handful who struck out (or at least initially struck out, no idea on what happened later on), but most have multiple great offers in hand it seems. While the most selective ones cared about grades, a lot of firms (even V10s) did not seem to place a heavy emphasis on it. Great interviewing skills easily trumped median to slightly below median grades, as evidenced by some of the most successful people I know from EIP having median-ish grades. There have also been plenty of median-ish grade students beating out higher grade students when targeting the same firms. Either way, at least the people I talk to/hear about, EIP was very successful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So what's the consensus on how EIP went this year compared to years past? Trying to get an idea for how upward the trend is going for next year...
From what I've heard, this year was really good. There are a handful who struck out (or at least initially struck out, no idea on what happened later on), but most have multiple great offers in hand it seems. While the most selective ones cared about grades, a lot of firms (even V10s) did not seem to place a heavy emphasis on it. Great interviewing skills easily trumped median to slightly below median grades, as evidenced by some of the most successful people I know from EIP having median-ish grades. There have also been plenty of median-ish grade students beating out higher grade students when targeting the same firms. Either way, at least the people I talk to/hear about, EIP was very successful.
How about the people that were further away from median (on the lower end)? I always envisioned the strength of HYS to be getting the bottom of the class employed somewhere in Biglaw, but seemingly being well below median is now a death sentence even at the top schools.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
How about the people that were further away from median (on the lower end)? I always envisioned the strength of HYS to be getting the bottom of the class employed somewhere in Biglaw, but seemingly being well below median is now a death sentence even at the top schools.
iunno about people with LPs, but i know some people w/ a lot/near all Ps if not all Ps still got NYC biglaw.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I'm a straight P student who just accepted a V10 offer. My WE is interesting but hardly extensive. I consider myself very fortunate and probably don't represent the majority of students with straight Ps. But if you're a great interviewer, wonderful things can happen. I also know someone with two LPs that got into the V10...it's unusual, but it can happen.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Except at the extremes, I think grades had very little to do with EIP results and that almost everyone I know got something. I know that the people with CBs/offers at Wachtell, Munger, Susman, Williams & Connolly, etc. all had very good grades, but it seems like most people who targeted NYC are going to the V10 (or got offers there) and many people who targeted other markets got top firms in those markets.

I had 6 H's and ended up with 2 offers in a non-NYC market (V25 and V50), and I know people with significantly worse grades who cleaned up (and some people with better grades or LR who did not clean up), so if there's a moral to this EIP story it's to work on your interviewing skills!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If anyone still cares...

Holland & Knight ny cb today.

weirdly, my phone didn't even register the call. Thank god I decided to check thru my voicemail...
Heard anything since the interview?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”