Employment Prospects in the T6

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
chinny123

Re: Employment Prospects in the T6

Postby chinny123 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
CastleRock wrote:NYU is strong in New York, but really shouldn't be in the "T6 category" outside of New York. I don't think their lower numbers relative to Columbia and Chicago are just because of PI, I have a baseless hunch it is also because they aren't a national school in the sense of HYSCC-- if you are below median you will have huge difficulty getting CA, Chicago, etc.

Numbers on Chicago being better in CA?

Its obviously harder to get a job in Chicago if you went to NYU instead of Chicago. How on earth do you answer the question: "Given Chicago has the same GPA standards and lower LSAT standards, why did you decided to attend school in New York instead of Chicago?"

Our EIW #s seem to be the same as Columbia's.

Not interested in Chicago, but I got accepted to both Columbia and NYU but dinged at Chicago. I'm sure there's other people who are interested in Chicago who had acceptances from Col. and NYU, but not Chi.

Anonymous User

Re: Employment Prospects in the T6

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not interested in Chicago, but I got accepted to both Columbia and NYU but dinged at Chicago. I'm sure there's other people who are interested in Chicago who had acceptances from Col. and NYU, but not Chi.

Northwestern.

Return to “Legal Employment”