Optimal Timing for Trip to Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Citizen Genet

Optimal Timing for Trip to Market

Postby Citizen Genet » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:00 pm

So I am planning a trip to a market that isn't near by and won't be participating in OCI. What is the best time to plan a trip to the market so that firms would be more likely to provide me with a screening interview?

The Valkyrie

Re: Optimal Timing for Trip to Market

Postby The Valkyrie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Really, any time is good, but I try to avoid the market from about 5:00pm-6:30pm, because that's when everyone's in there getting stuff together for dinner.

IrwinM.Fletcher

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:07 pm

I've had good luck with scheduling stuff at the very beginning of August. They've already done some diversity/IP fairs, haven't really started OCI in earnest, and are booting/have booted their current summer class out by then.

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Really, any time is good, but I try to avoid the market from about 5:00pm-6:30pm, because that's when everyone's in there getting stuff together for dinner.

Kind of funny but abuse of anonymous posting privileges

Moxie

Postby Moxie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:02 pm

bceagles182 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Really, any time is good, but I try to avoid the market from about 5:00pm-6:30pm, because that's when everyone's in there getting stuff together for dinner.

Kind of funny but abuse of anonymous posting privileges

Then report them and stop wasting space with useless posts yourself.

OP, It seems like early to mid August is ideal for these type of interviews. However, I've heard that most interviews out of mass mailings are viewed as callbacks, so they might take up a huge portion of your days while in your optimal market.

Return to “Legal Employment”