When do OCI pre-selects come usually out? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When do OCI pre-selects come usually out?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:33 pm

is it literally right after the employers review resumes, cover letters, etc.? are the pre-selects sent via email usually as well?

IrwinM.Fletcher

Silver

Re: When do OCI pre-selects come usually out?

Post by IrwinM.Fletcher » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:41 pm

If it's done through Symplicity, then it usually lists the dates that you can sign up for specific schedule slots. It will typically show whether you've been preselected, declined, or offered a spot as an alternate on midnight that day (even though you can't pick your interview time until, say, 7 AM that day).

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:is it literally right after the employers review resumes, cover letters, etc.? are the pre-selects sent via email usually as well?
Your school knows, TLS does not. It's usually all at once a long time after submitting bids though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Cardozo's just came out today. Our bids were due on July 8th, so it was just over 2 weeks. We were promised the schedules by the end of this week, so they were earlier than they said they'd be. They schedule our slots for us, and we don't know whether we were a lottery or pre-select for any individual firm. However, the small sample that I've seen 14 (me), 6, 1, 1 means it is probably feast or famine (the 1s were almost certainly pure lottery).

My screeners are 1x V10, 4x V25, 4x V50, 3x V100, 2x NALP non-Vault -- which is a pretty nice spread. I was dinged at 2 other V10s -- resume collect on another and one more (Skadden) does do screeners with us until September. I am also an alternate at an additional V25 firm.

edit: everything went online at once (and we received an email shortly after that happened) -- we did not get individual per firm emails.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 pm

How do these usually come in? All at once or 1 by 1. The numbers in the "total slots" at my pre-select schools page keeps on changing. For example, one firm went from 42 to 37 to 35. Now its stalling at 35. Does this mean they decided to interview 35 people, or have chosen 7 and not done? Also when does it change from "pending" to whatever it says if you are rejected.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”