Bay Area Cover letters- market specificity

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Should I specify the market in my cover letter or leave it open?

Specify
50%
Leave generic
50%

Total votes: 2

sccjnthn

Bay Area Cover letters- market specificity

Postby sccjnthn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 pm

I am currently in the process of mailing different Bay Area firms, most of which have both a SF and SV office. Do I need to tell the firm a preference or can I just tell them that I'm interested in the area?
(I'm primarily interested in SV due to the generally stronger transactional practices but don't know whether I need to make this distinction.)

johndhi

Re: Bay Area Cover letters- market specificity

Postby johndhi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:32 am

sccjnthn wrote:I am currently in the process of mailing different Bay Area firms, most of which have both a SF and SV office. Do I need to tell the firm a preference or can I just tell them that I'm interested in the area?
(I'm primarily interested in SV due to the generally stronger transactional practices but don't know whether I need to make this distinction.)

IMO specify SV; SF is more generally popular so shows you know what you want.

Return to “Legal Employment”