Bid pre-selected @ old school; no interview at transf school Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bid pre-selected @ old school; no interview at transf school

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi all,

I am a transfer student and I was pre-selected for OCI interviews from a few firms at my original school. My new school uses a lottery system so I wasn't picked for interviews at those school. Would it be appropriate to email the hiring manager to express interest in the firm and mention that I was pre-selected at my old school to see if I can get squeezed in for a spot at my new school OCI?

Conversely, I was not pre-selected by two firms at my old school but got interviews via lottery at the new school. Should I try to trade those with someone or do you think it's still worth a chance? I was within the class rank requirements but just not pre-selected.

darklighter13

New

Re: Bid pre-selected @ old school; no interview at transf school

Post by darklighter13 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:10 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with letting the pre-select firms know that you bid on them but failed to get an interview, and would they like to talk to you while their interviewer is in town? This strikes me as a particularly powerful direct send, because they've already expressed interest in you via their pre-select.

I can't speak to the second question, other than to say that one of the reasons people transfer is to have a shot at firms who wouldn't have looked at them at their 1L school.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”