biglaw OCI masterman taking any and all questions (last try)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
OCImasterman2011

biglaw OCI masterman taking any and all questions (last try)

Postby OCImasterman2011 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:30 am

Firstly - to Van Winkle: Yes, this is an alt I just created. I created it because I do not want to answer OCI questions using my regular username. I also do not want to use the anon feature because then my replies will get lost in the thread. I made this new username so that I could answer OCI questions efficiently and effectively. I have a lot of knowledge on this topic and all I want to do is share it with the people on TLS (who were so helpful to me when I went through OCI). Banning me or locking the thread makes no sense. This thread has the potential to help a lot of people and locking it because I am technically breaking a forum rule doesn't help anyone, and in fact actually hurts TLS and the TLSers that you should be looking out for. This is my second, and last, attempt to be helpful. Please just let the alt slide.

So - now that that is out of the way, I am taking any and all questions on the OCI process. Did OCI last year as a transfer to CCN. Prepared intensely for OCI, did 30+ interviews, got 10 callbacks, and received multiple offers in my target city. I prepared very systematically and can answer questions on interview prep, how to answer questions, what to ask firms, firms in general, bid lists, OCI as a transfer, callbacks, how to target a city, etc. Let the questioning begin.

splitmuch

Re: biglaw OCI masterman taking any and all questions (last try)

Postby splitmuch » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:31 am

how many offers is multiple?

applejacks

Postby applejacks » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:32 am

in before the banhammer

shockandawe10

Postby shockandawe10 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:33 am

Top 3-5 things to concentrate on in interview prep? What did most want to talk about?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 am

OCImasterman2011 wrote: I also do not want to use the anon feature because then my replies will get lost in the thread.

lolwhat?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:35 am

How did interviewers treat you as a transfer? Any hostile ones? How should a transfer student bid? Im transferring to CCN as well from a T25 where I was top 10%. Do I bid as if I am a top 25% CCN student? 33% student?

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 am

Helmholtz wrote:
OCImasterman2011 wrote: I also do not want to use the anon feature because then my replies will get lost in the thread.

lolwhat?

He's got a point, it's much easier to keep track of your replies/posts under one username than the anon feature.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am

Why didn't you just ask for permission to alt before posting this thread?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:44 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

lolwhat?

He's got a point, it's much easier to keep track of your replies/posts under one username than the anon feature.

He didn't say that it would have easier one way versus the other; he said definitively that replies will get lost in the thread. Whatever. All this person had to do was PM a mod asking if it was ok to use an alt for this thread. AFAIK, that was never done.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:45 am

Kilpatrick wrote:Why didn't you just ask for permission to alt before posting this thread?

It's called admitting defeat. Apparently, this dude would rather not provide help to students if it means he has to check with a mod that it's ok to use an alt (and it would have been ok).

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:47 am

Please direct all questions to the Mod Q&A forum for helpful insight on how to use the notoriously labyrinthian and infuriatingly complicated Private Message system.

Return to “Legal Employment”