Which e-mail address to use for recruiter? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
choochoo

Bronze

Which e-mail address to use for recruiter?

Post by choochoo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:16 am

Sorry if this has already been answered-- I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

For some firms, I've found different e-mail addresses listed on NALP than on the firm's website. NALP usually has the recruiter's personal e-mail address, and the firm's website has some general "recruiter@firm.com." Is it better to follow the website's instructions and mail it to the generic one or does using the personal one increase one's chances of getting attention? Is it acceptable to send the app to the personal one and Cc the general recruiter address?

Thanks

lawfirmrecruiter

Silver

Re: Which e-mail address to use for recruiter?

Post by lawfirmrecruiter » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:59 am

choochoo wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered-- I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

For some firms, I've found different e-mail addresses listed on NALP than on the firm's website. NALP usually has the recruiter's personal e-mail address, and the firm's website has some general "recruiter@firm.com." Is it better to follow the website's instructions and mail it to the generic one or does using the personal one increase one's chances of getting attention? Is it acceptable to send the app to the personal one and Cc the general recruiter address?

Thanks
IMHO, it doesn't hurt to send it to both. Address the text of the email to the recruiter to make it more personal but also include the general address:

To: recruitername, general

Dear Ms./Mr. XYZ,

Attached you will find ...

choochoo

Bronze

Re: Which e-mail address to use for recruiter?

Post by choochoo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”