Character and Fitness Question---Employment related Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Character and Fitness Question---Employment related

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:30 pm

I have a job lined up. I am applying to the Bar. I have a question regarding my Character and Fitness.

On my law school application it asked:

Have you ever been accused of a violation of the honor code or student conduct code, warned, placed on scholastic or disciplinary probation, suspended, requested or advised to discontinue studies, dropped, expelled, or requested to resign or otherwise subjected to discipline for academic or personal conduct reasons by any post-secondary school, college, university, professional school or law school.

During my undergraduate studies I had a "hold" on my financial aid because my number of attempted credit hours exceeded the Office of Financial Aid maximum allotment. The Financial Aid Office uses a Progress Summary report once a year and total up all of your attempted course work (from all undergraduate institutions). My issue is that I withdrew from too many courses during my undergraduate studies at another school, transferred to the current school in question, and during my senior year my financial aid had a "hold," i.e. I could not collect my financial aid money because the number of courses I attempted exceeded their allotment allowed. I spoke with the person in charge, they reviewed my transcript and saw my grades were excellent, and the hold was immediately removed. I received the financial aid and I graduated without issue.

My question is: does this issue fall under the huge umbrella question I posted above? Should I amend my law school application immediately or am I paranoid?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Character and Fitness Question---Employment related

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Seriously doubt it. You weren't on probation for shitty grades, and you weren't in trouble for doing something bad. You had a registration glitch that set off an automatic alarm, which was reviewed and dismissed.

lawgod

Bronze

Post by lawgod » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:37 pm

You are being paranoid.
I don't think any of the questions ask about if you suffer from paranoia. But if it does, you should check "yes" and link to this thread.

good luck

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:47 pm

lawgod wrote:You are being paranoid.
I don't think any of the questions ask about if you suffer from paranoia. But if it does, you should check "yes" and link to this thread.

good luck
lol...so true. I guess I am paranoid because I heard the Florida Bar is a b*tch and I do not want to get caught with my pants down. I only want to do what is right and be a candid open book.

Other TLS folks, feel free to give your thoughts of reassurance (or otherwise)... thanx.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”