Virginia State Residency Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Virginia State Residency

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Posting on here for anonymity purposes, though it could influence employment as being a Virginia state resident should make me more employable to firms in Virginia.

Say somebody had auto-admit #'s for UVA or was very sure they'd get in for 2012, and only wanted to go to UVA, and got a place in Virginia a year early - is it a guarantee they'd be a state resident.

I would like to spend some time in VA prior to LS, but am not a state resident, and my income will suffer if I moved out there, but probably not 15k worth, which is how much I'd save as a resident. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I really have to be in Virginia the whole week. I would like to live in Virginia, but spend some weekdays commuting to a larger city outside of VA to earn money.

dailygrind

Diamond

Re: Virginia State Residency

Post by dailygrind » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Just ask around in one of the UVA threads what it takes to earn in state residency.

Return to “Legal Employment”