new biglaw OCI masterman taking any and all questions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

new biglaw OCI masterman taking any and all questions

Postby VanWinkleIsSilly » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Because the last OCI masterman to harmlessly offer his accumulated knowledge to everyone on TLS was bizarrely banned (and the thread closed) by Mr. VanWinkle, I've decided to step in and try to do what the original masterman was doing. Seemed like a good idea. For the record (and so I don't get banned as well), I'm a long time lurker who got a lot of TLS and want to give back. This is not an alt Mr. VanWinkle, this is my first account. If you ban me and close this thread, you're really just hurting all the people I am trying to help.

I've been through OCI and prepared for it in a very systematic way. I ended up with multiple callbacks and offers (t10 school). I can answer any and all questions about how to prepare for interviews, what to expect, firms, bid lists, callbacks, how to answer common interview questions, what to ask firms, how transfers are treated, how to target a particular city etc. I know going into OCI, I knew absolutely nothing about what I to expect and what I was doing, and TLS really helped me out. Again, all I want to do here is to help the new crop of rising 2Ls. So let the questioning begin.

Re: new biglaw OCI masterman taking any and all questions

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Alting, proxying, ban evasion, lying... Nice.

Return to “Legal Employment”