error on cover letter

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

error on cover letter

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:27 pm

hey all,

I made a pretty big error on my cover letter. the email for my contact info is wrong although it is correct on my resume. what should i do? will this pose a huge problem?

Anonymous User

Re: error on cover letter

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:42 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Re: error on cover letter

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:hey all,

I made a pretty big error on my cover letter. the email for my contact info is wrong although it is correct on my resume. what should i do? will this pose a huge problem?

I had something similar in that the formatting got screwed up and my contact info was obscured. I just politely email them again, saying that the issue was brought to my attention and I want to ensure that they have all my necessary contact info. I then resent all documents in PDF form, as to ensure proper formatting. Didn't hurt me at all, and got multiple interviews so far out of that batch.

Just type up a correct one, note the mistake to them, but relate it back to how you want to make sure they have your contact info because you are excited to get in touch etc. Don't just leave it because, if thats the email they use, you may never get any communication from them, and you will have no clue what the reason was. Better safe than sorry.

Return to “Legal Employment”