Follow up time frame for mass mailing?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Follow up time frame for mass mailing?

Postby emciosn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Hey everyone,

I sent out cover letters and resumes to about 10 firms in the market I'm working in this summer on the 12th-14th of this month. I sent stuff to the recruiting person if one was listed online or something, I also sent stuff to partners at these firms I was put in contact with through connections I have made this summer. Anyway, I got a lot of e-mails back saying they got my stuff and would put in a good word for me etc, and some stuff back from the recruiting people. Anyway my question is how long do I wait to check in with some of these people to see how far along the process is? I was thinking beginning of August but I would like to hear what you all think. This is a secondary market so they may not get serious about hiring until September/November.

Re: Follow up time frame for mass mailing?

Postby thesealocust » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 pm

There is no reason to follow up with them. They're not going to lose your application, it's just a slow process.

Return to “Legal Employment”