Mass Mail Interview Response Time? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mail Interview Response Time?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I followed OCS advice and emailed a ton of firms (even ones coming to EIW). I have gotten maybe a half dozen emails saying that they are interested and to please bid on them/stop by hospitality suites but that they aren't going to bring me in prior to coming on campus.
lol OCS
So don't mail firms that are coming to EWI, even if I didn't get an interview with them through lottery?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I followed OCS advice and emailed a ton of firms (even ones coming to EIW). I have gotten maybe a half dozen emails saying that they are interested and to please bid on them/stop by hospitality suites but that they aren't going to bring me in prior to coming on campus.
lol OCS
So don't mail firms that are coming to EWI, even if I didn't get an interview with them through lottery?
E-mail them, explain you somehow didn't get an interview slot through the bidding system, but you still really want to e-mail with them and want to know if they might be able to fit in some time for you. My comment was directed toward those who were e-mailing firms before bidding results even came out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody else do an interview with Cahill yet? It looks like they bring out the big guns for these pre-OCI interviews (multiple partners, chair of hiring committee, etc.).
Did you do yours already? If so, how was?
Do it tomorrow. Just got list of interviewers.
I have one scheduled for a bit later. Would you mind reporting back after the interview on how it went overall?
When did you all mail Cahill? My Cahill (very close) contact is on vacation and I really hope I didn't miss the boat on them already.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When did you all mail Cahill? My Cahill (very close) contact is on vacation and I really hope I didn't miss the boat on them already
FWIW, I mailed them last weekend and haven't heard anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:02 pm

got an email from a firm "We look forward to meeting with you - it will either be on campus or we will see you in our offices." OCI results came in and im an alternate.... weird.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:58 pm

ding from White & Case today
T5% 3L TT

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Anyone hear anything from Bingham or Kelley Drye?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 pm

I mailed Cahill about July 15-17, heard back last week, CB scheduled for next week. Any idea if they actually use these to make offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:dinged at calfee in cleveland and barnes and thornburg in indy
I got a ding from Bingham McHale Indy through the mail within 3 or 4 days of sending my materials...wasn't realy expecting that.
Dinged at Barnes and Thornburg (Indy) and Baker and Daniels (Indy)
Got a screener at Bingham McHale

Dinged at Greenberg Traurig

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I mailed Cahill about July 15-17, heard back last week, CB scheduled for next week. Any idea if they actually use these to make offers?
IMO, they're not going to have you interview with multiple partners (one being the chair of the hiring committee) as part of your screening interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote: When did you all mail Cahill? My Cahill (very close) contact is on vacation and I really hope I didn't miss the boat on them already.
I e-mailed them maybe a month ago and they offered an interview maybe a few weeks after that.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:dinged at calfee in cleveland and barnes and thornburg in indy
I got a ding from Bingham McHale Indy through the mail within 3 or 4 days of sending my materials...wasn't realy expecting that.

School/rank? Indy ties?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I mailed Cahill about July 15-17, heard back last week, CB scheduled for next week. Any idea if they actually use these to make offers?
IMO, they're not going to have you interview with multiple partners (one being the chair of the hiring committee) as part of your screening interview.
Oh yeah, it's definitely a callback (look at their FAQs on their site). I'm just wondering whether it's much less likely to get an offer out of this than a regular OCI callback...especially if a lot of people are getting these interviews.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks on the Cahill answers. I know through my contact they're increasing their class size this year by quite a bit (and to basically pre-ITE levels), so it's not surprising they're giving a bunch of these outside OCI. Good luck to everyone at your CB's.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks on the Cahill answers. I know through my contact they're increasing their class size this year by quite a bit (and to basically pre-ITE levels), so it's not surprising they're giving a bunch of these outside OCI. Good luck to everyone at your CB's.
Associate I talked to in preparation for my callback echoed those thoughts...said the firm is doing great right now and they are going to be increasing summer class. What was their class like pre-ITE? I know it was 37 this year.

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Last year I received a CB in November for a job application I submitted on Symplicity in July. It can take a while.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:44 am

T20, right around top 3rd - I've mass mailed about 45 firms in my current and home markets over the past 20 days or so. I haven't heard so much as a peep (I was AT LEAST expecting the dings to be rolling in).

I mean, I wasn't expecting magic. At what point should I start following up with recruiters? Or should I just expect this to be the silent ding?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

School/rank? Indy ties?

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:45 am

FWiW, it would be very helpful if posters would indicate school/rank/ties when reporting CBs and dings, particularly when posting anonymously.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 am

T10 school, top 1/3, no WE

e-mailed about 75 firms in last three weeks (most of them about two weeks ago)- have only heard from about 3 firms saying they aren't having a summer class and 3 saying they can't offer me a spot

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:T10 school, top 1/3, no WE

e-mailed about 75 firms in last three weeks (most of them about two weeks ago)- have only heard from about 3 firms saying they aren't having a summer class and 3 saying they can't offer me a spot
Which market? This seems a little strange.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 am

Does anybody have an interview actually set up with White & Case yet? They offered me an interview and told me that they would get back to me with a specific date, but that was roughly a week ago (and I'm only going to be in town another week and half).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:51 pm

T10 school, just below median, aiming at a particular (non-IP) practice area.

Somehow got a V20 interview request one day after sending in my materials - mailed yesterday, request came today. Looks like the recruiter was kind enough to kick it to attorneys in my desired practice group, which probably made the difference.

Treat this like a callback? Or like a screening interview?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:T10 school, just below median, aiming at a particular (non-IP) practice area.

Somehow got a V20 interview request one day after sending in my materials - mailed yesterday, request came today. Looks like the recruiter was kind enough to kick it to attorneys in my desired practice group, which probably made the difference.

Is there a lunch?

There's only two types of legal interviews you need to prepare for, screeners and meals. Every callback I've had or scheduled in just several screeners in a row, plus a meal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:06 pm

rad law wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:T10 school, just below median, aiming at a particular (non-IP) practice area.

Is there a lunch?

There's only two types of legal interviews you need to prepare for, screeners and meals. Every callback I've had or scheduled in just several screeners in a row, plus a meal.
I'm fairly certain that callbacks later in the day, even ones arranged through the traditional OCI process, often don't involve a meal.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”