Mass Mail Interview Response Time? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mail Interview Response Time?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I have one scheduled for a bit later. Would you mind reporting back after the interview on how it went overall?
No problem
Any feedback on your interview?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's not T14 in that it has never been in the top ten like the other T14. However, it's #14 this year and poster should stop pretending he isn't at Vandy.
lol @ your anon callout

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Cahill CB email today. Applied last weekend.

EDIT: Top 10%, MVP

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:45 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:dinged at calfee in cleveland and barnes and thornburg in indy
I got a ding from Bingham McHale Indy through the mail within 3 or 4 days of sending my materials...wasn't realy expecting that.
Dinged at Barnes and Thornburg (Indy) and Baker and Daniels (Indy)
Got a screener at Bingham McHale

Dinged at Greenberg Traurig
School/rank? Indy ties?
T2 (neighboring state), Top 20, strong Midwest ties

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Bryan Cave (NY) callback today (through networking rather than mass mail, though)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Seems like Cahill is giving a lot of callbacks to TLSers, I wonder how many spots they expect to fill with these mass mail CBs?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Seems like Cahill is giving a lot of callbacks to TLSers, I wonder how many spots they expect to fill with these mass mail CBs?
Given their really strong financial numbers last year and outsized bonuses this year, I suspect Cahill is making a big play for increasing its selectivity dramatically, so they want to interview as many top-1/3 T-14 types as possible. Bad news for people bidding on them as if they're barely V50, but good news for those paying attention.

Alternatively, they may be planning a much bigger summer class this year, which I don't think is out of the question for a firm doing as well as Cahill (though most places will not be seeing big increases).

At least, I hope this is the case. I have an interview scheduled with them at our OCI, and I'd like for them to still have SA positions available by then!
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Another interview request from a large regional firm that pays right about market I believe. At last count, thats 7 interviews for just over 30 mailings. Plus my first interview today already asked me back for a callback round interview. Never though I would be so booked with interviews before OCI even starts.

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Another interview request from a large regional firm that pays right about market I believe. At last count, thats 7 interviews for just over 30 mailings. Plus my first interview today already asked me back for a callback round interview. Never though I would be so booked with interviews before OCI even starts.
School, stats?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Another interview request from a large regional firm that pays right about market I believe. At last count, thats 7 interviews for just over 30 mailings. Plus my first interview today already asked me back for a callback round interview. Never though I would be so booked with interviews before OCI even starts.
Could you give us the actual city of your regional firm? Or at least state/area?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
School, stats?
CCN transfer from T25 where I was around top 10%

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Could you give us the actual city of your regional firm? Or at least state/area?
New school is in NY, so every big NY firm is coming to OCI. Not bothering with them via mass mails. Applying to all big NJ firms, and Philly firms, as well as NJ offices of NY firms that still happen to hire summers. I am a native of the mid-Atlantic region.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm

CCN + Law Review student who did interviews at Cahill today reporting in. Definitely a callback. Interviewers and the firm as a whole were great.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CCN + Law Review student who did interviews at Cahill today reporting in. Definitely a callback. Interviewers and the firm as a whole were great.
Good to know! Did they give you any idea of how long you might have until a decision?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CCN + Law Review student who did interviews at Cahill today reporting in. Definitely a callback. Interviewers and the firm as a whole were great.
Good to know! Did they give you any idea of how long you might have until a decision?
They made it sound like if an offer was coming, it was going to be a very, very quick turnaround. The recruiting office really seemed to be on top of things.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 pm

Does Cahill not interview at your OCI?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
They made it sound like if an offer was coming, it was going to be a very, very quick turnaround. The recruiting office really seemed to be on top of things.
Thanks for the info! Did anything come up that was totally unexpected?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:50 am

Interested in the Cahill interview as well. Was there a lunch involved or offered?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does Cahill not interview at your OCI?
Previous CCN anon must be at Chicago...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for the info! Did anything come up that was totally unexpected?
Nothing unexpected. Very straightforward and no bullshit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:Interested in the Cahill interview as well. Was there a lunch involved or offered?
Interview was later in the day, so no lunch involved or offered. YMMV depending on when your interview is scheduled for.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Or at Columbia/NYU and didn't get an OCI interview slot through bidding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Or at Columbia/NYU and didn't get an OCI interview slot through bidding.
You think they'd interview Columbua/NYU people that didn't get a spot before their OCI?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:22 am

Any Midwesterners with anything to report? Chicago/STL/Indianapolis?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any Midwesterners with anything to report? Chicago/STL/Indianapolis?

CB at Lewis Rice in St. Louis. They're my top choice, so I'm realllllllly hoping it works out.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”