Random Networking Question... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Random Networking Question...

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm applying for various clerkships and realized I vaguely know the case manager for one of the judges I'm applying to (we attended the same high school in different class years). I know she's on facebook, but we're not friends on there.

Obviously, I'm debating sending her a message on facebook but I'm not certain what I could say that doesn't make it sound like I'm fishing for her to help me out. Any advice would be appreciated!

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Random Networking Question...

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm applying for various clerkships and realized I vaguely know the case manager for one of the judges I'm applying to (we attended the same high school in different class years). I know she's on facebook, but we're not friends on there.

Obviously, I'm debating sending her a message on facebook but I'm not certain what I could say that doesn't make it sound like I'm fishing for her to help me out. Any advice would be appreciated!
Go for it. Just make sure you have very specific questions (like asking what the job is like, asking what they look for in clerks, asking for general advice for applying to clerkships, etc.) so you don't come off as being like, "Yo, can you get me a jerb?"

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”