Need networking advice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Need networking advice

Postby ElvisAaron » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:36 am

Preface:Non-trad 0L.
My current place of employment has a huge mailing list/ contact network. Approx 150-200 of these people are local attorneys, lots of in-house (mostly biotech/pharm), quite a few from WilmerHale/Bingham/Ropes/GoodwinProcter, plenty of private practice, etc. Some of these people have dealt with me extensively, some barely, some not at all. As COO its expected that the company will send out a farewell email from me to the entire database...but I keep thinking there's gotta be a way to phrase things in order to keep some of these contacts alive in a way that might help down the road. Separate email to just the attorneys? Any advice on approach/phrasing appreciated..

Re: Need networking advice

Postby lawfields » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Maybe let the generic one go out, then personally email the contacts you really want to keep?

Something like "I want to personally thank you for the assistance you've provided over the years, and I hope we are able to work together again in the future" ought to make them feel extra-special. What we all want, no?

if you're sending that to a list, double-check they're bcc'd ;)

Return to “Legal Employment”