GPA and test scores on resume?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bgdddymtty

Re: GPA and test scores on resume?

Postby bgdddymtty » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:23 am

A'nold wrote:Dude, way to set up a nice straw man there. Are we talking about non-legal jobs here? If so, dang, I completely misread the entire op........ :roll
Not a straw man at all. As I said, your actual advice was correct, because OP is applying for legal jobs and those are the rules within that sphere. However, you asserted that there was something wrong with OP for merely asking the question, and that only a social retard would commit such a ghastly (and obvious) faux pas. That's what I objected to, because it's just plain wrong, and because it demonstrates your myopia rather than OP's. In the rest of the world, it's not only normal, but often expected. Law's rules are idiosyncratic (and, IMHO, nonsensical). That being the case, it's silly to expect people to intuitively know those rules.

lawgod

Postby lawgod » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:31 am

Also put your Mensa membership.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:35 am

lawgod wrote:Also put your Mensa membership.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:39 am

bgdddymtty wrote:
A'nold wrote:Dude, way to set up a nice straw man there. Are we talking about non-legal jobs here? If so, dang, I completely misread the entire op........ :roll
Not a straw man at all. As I said, your actual advice was correct, because OP is applying for legal jobs and those are the rules within that sphere. However, you asserted that there was something wrong with OP for merely asking the question, and that only a social retard would commit such a ghastly (and obvious) faux pas. That's what I objected to, because it's just plain wrong, and because it demonstrates your myopia rather than OP's. In the rest of the world, it's not only normal, but often expected. Law's rules are idiosyncratic (and, IMHO, nonsensical). That being the case, it's silly to expect people to intuitively know those rules.

Dude, the "tunnel vision" remark was only for law jobs, what the op posted about. You are basing your argument on something I never said nor was ever even brought up. Plus, I never said he was being a "social retard." I said that he would be viewed as socially inept if he did this. Are you in ls yet?

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:20 pm

It's already on your resume in the form of the school you attend. Chill the Ef-Out, yo! Also, those things are only predictors of your grades, but you actually have grades now.

Return to “Legal Employment”