Networking: Email or Cold-Call Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Networking: Email or Cold-Call

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:56 am

I hate sucking up as much as you do but, unfortunately, it must be done. What is the most preferable form of contact? The people who I am trying to get in contact with are attorneys from big to small firms and I'm sure they are very busy. So, I presume that cold-calling will not be to much avail if chances are they're not going to pick up the phone anyway. Is emailing the way to go? But, then again, it is way to easy for someone to look over it. Advice?

ran12

Silver

Re: Networking: Email or Cold-Call

Post by ran12 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:29 pm

I would email first and introduce yourself. Try to set an informational interview up via phone or meeting. If email is not responded to, I would call after a week or so. You basically have nothing to lose by calling at that point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:42 pm

bump

Drewtheman84

New

Post by Drewtheman84 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:49 pm

E-mail.

I've been to "How to Network" events over the past two summers and attorney's invariably say that a law student calling them is a sure way not to get anywhere with them.

Also, emailing more than twice before getting a response is frowned upon. Be wise about spacing and timing of the your emails if you don't get a response right away. I tend to email late at night or early in the morning so that it's at the top of their inbox when they arrive

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”