Firm Direct-Write Question (recruiter for multiple offices)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dudders

Firm Direct-Write Question (recruiter for multiple offices)

Postby dudders » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 am

To make a long story short, a recruiter I emailed applying to the summer associate gig for one office covers my office of primary interest AND my office of secondary interest. I have begun emailing firms in my primary target city because i will be in the area soon, but haven't yet started emailing secondary interest because I won't be in that area for about 3 1/2 weeks. (And I can only do so much at once.) I didn't realize the recruiter wasn't physically housed in the primary office until I got an out-of-office auto-reply.

What's the best way to approach re-emailing her and bringing up my additional interest in the second office? Should I just wait for a response, and then let her know that if it's more convenient for her, I'm also going to be in the secondary market from x to x date and interested in those offices as well? I would definitely choose primary over secondary, so I want to maximize my chances without making my interest in that market look less sincere ...

spanktheduck

Re: Firm Direct-Write Question (recruiter for multiple offices)

Postby spanktheduck » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:47 am

I would wait for a response and not indicate that you are interested in multiple locations.

IrwinM.Fletcher

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:01 am

If they are in super close proximity to each other, put something like "My top placement preference is the xxxxx office, followed by the xxxxx office." in your original cover letter. If they are nowhere close to each other, I wouldn't bother- pick one and run with it.

dudders

Postby dudders » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks guys.

Return to “Legal Employment”