Wearing a see through blouse

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Wearing a see through blouse

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 pm

So I'm attending an event at a firm tomorrow, and the light-coloured blouse (women's dress shirt) I want to wear is a bit see through bra-wise. Is this a big deal?

nickwar
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby nickwar » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:39 pm

First!

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby Grizz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Useless without pics

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby shoeshine » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:40 pm

rad law wrote:Useless without pics

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby eandy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm assuming this is flame, but on the off chance you are just really dense--wear a skin colored camisole.

am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby am060459 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:42 pm

take a pic with and without the blouse

User avatar
boozehound
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby boozehound » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Should be fine....most guys look cute in blouses.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby stratocophic » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 pm

I thought this was going to be a thread weighing the merits of purposely doing this during interviews in order to pick up callbacks. Currently experiencing a mixture of relief and disappointment.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby rayiner » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I'm attending an event at a firm tomorrow, and the light-coloured blouse (women's dress shirt) I want to wear is a bit see through bra-wise. Is this a big deal?


Yes.

User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby emorystud2010 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 pm

While I, like most everyone else that has responded, think this is a flame, I will throw out one of the better pieces of advice I've received about anything having to do with interviews, being professional, etc: if you feel the need to ask, then the safest bet is to take the conservative route aka not wear/say/do it.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby Cavalier » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:24 pm

You say you are attending an event at a firm. Is your goal to find a wealthy attorney to marry, or to find a job? If the former, wear the blouse. If the latter, don't.

smiley
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby smiley » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:45 pm

in the spirit of this thread . . .

what's the deal with stockings in 95 degree weather? i worked for a judge this summer, and i haven't seen a female attorney or clerk wearing stockings with her skirt, probably because it's freakin hot. but then again, they already have jobs. is there a professionalism issue with going to an interview without stockings? (obviously we're talking very slightly above knee length skirt). on the chance that there's an obvious answer to this, this isn't a flame, i'm genuinely asking. sorry if it's dumb :(

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6374
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby 5ky » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Cavalier wrote:You say you are attending an event at a firm. Is your goal to find a wealthy attorney to marry, or to find a job? If the former, wear the blouse. If the latter, don't.


tcq

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby eandy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:47 pm

smiley wrote:in the spirit of this thread . . .

what's the deal with stockings in 95 degree weather? i worked for a judge this summer, and i haven't seen a female attorney or clerk wearing stockings with her skirt, probably because it's freakin hot. but then again, they already have jobs. is there a professionalism issue with going to an interview without stockings? (obviously we're talking very slightly above knee length skirt). on the chance that there's an obvious answer to this, this isn't a flame, i'm genuinely asking. sorry if it's dumb :(

Stockings are worn with garters. Please for the love of God do not wear those. Wear pantyhose.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6374
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby 5ky » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:53 pm

eandy wrote:Stockings are worn with garters. Please for the love of God do not wear those. Wear pantyhose.



See:
5ky wrote:
Cavalier wrote:You say you are attending an event at a firm. Is your goal to find a wealthy attorney to marry, or to find a job? If the former, wear the blouse. If the latter, don't.


tcq

smiley
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby smiley » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:55 pm

eandy wrote:
smiley wrote:in the spirit of this thread . . .

what's the deal with stockings in 95 degree weather? i worked for a judge this summer, and i haven't seen a female attorney or clerk wearing stockings with her skirt, probably because it's freakin hot. but then again, they already have jobs. is there a professionalism issue with going to an interview without stockings? (obviously we're talking very slightly above knee length skirt). on the chance that there's an obvious answer to this, this isn't a flame, i'm genuinely asking. sorry if it's dumb :(

Stockings are worn with garters. Please for the love of God do not wear those. Wear pantyhose.


no need to get snarky.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby GeePee » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:the light-coloured blouse (women's dress shirt)

TYFT

sharklasers
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby sharklasers » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 pm

this thread did not deliver

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby Renzo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:31 pm

sharklasers wrote:this thread did not deliver

User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Wearing a see through blouse

Postby emorystud2010 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Renzo wrote:
sharklasers wrote:this thread did not deliver




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.