Firms in Salt Lake City from T14

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
fanmingrui

Firms in Salt Lake City from T14

Postby fanmingrui » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:00 pm

I'll be attending an east coast T14 this fall and, while I wouldn't be opposed to work NY/DC, my wife and I have strong geographic/family/personal ties to SLC. I've also heard rumors that T14 students gunning for secondary/tertiary markets could be in the running for 1L SAs in those markets. With this in mind, I was wondering if anyone knew which firms with offices in Utah or firms based in Salt Lake City might be worth mass mailing in December. I looked at NALP and only found 5 or so firms including Chapman and Cutler and Ballard Spahr with offices in Salt Lake. Does anyone know of any others? Not sure if I want transactional or lit at this point; I'm also not expecting 160K if I end up in Salt Lake (obviously.) From the little research I've done 100-130K sounds reasonable. If anyone has information on firms or could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks!

JetstoRJC

Re: Firms in Salt Lake City from T14

Postby JetstoRJC » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Not to burst your bubble on the prospects of a 1L summer position at an SLC firm, but they are next to impossible to find right now even from a T14. Feel free to PM me if you would like more details, but I can share from personal experience that most (if not all) SLC firms are not hiring 1Ls ITE. Gunning for a 2L summer position is a different story.

As far as other SLC firms: Holland & Hart, Stoel Rives, and Snell & Wilmer are all fairly prominent in the area.

fanmingrui

Postby fanmingrui » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:56 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:Not to burst your bubble on the prospects of a 1L summer position at an SLC firm, but they are next to impossible to find right now even from a T14. Feel free to PM me if you would like more details, but I can share from personal experience that most (if not all) SLC firms are not hiring 1Ls ITE. Gunning for a 2L summer position is a different story.

As far as other SLC firms: Holland & Hart, Stoel Rives, and Snell & Wilmer are all fairly prominent in the area.

Thanks for the info! I knew 1L SAs are rare so I'm not holding my breath. I guess it's no surprise that whatever market there was for 1Ls would dry up ITE.

bgdddymtty

Postby bgdddymtty » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:40 pm

FWIW, one of my classmates is finishing up a 1L SA position at Ray Quinney & Nebeker right now. He flew back to SLC shortly after finals and interviewed with a bunch of firms. RQ&N gave him an offer before even seeing his grades.

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:45 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:FWIW, one of my classmates is finishing up a 1L SA position at Ray Quinney & Nebeker right now. He flew back to SLC shortly after finals and interviewed with a bunch of firms. RQ&N gave him an offer before even seeing his grades.

From UVA? Sweet.

Also OP, Jones Waldo, Parsons Behle & Latimer, and Strong & Hanni can be added to your list.

fanmingrui

Postby fanmingrui » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. Looks like I'll give 1L a shot at these firms and see if anyone bites.

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:36 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:Not to burst your bubble on the prospects of a 1L summer position at an SLC firm, but they are next to impossible to find right now even from a T14. Feel free to PM me if you would like more details, but I can share from personal experience that most (if not all) SLC firms are not hiring 1Ls ITE. Gunning for a 2L summer position is a different story.

Holland & Hart, Snell Wilmer don't hire 1Ls.

OP:你是说中文的摩儿门吗?是的话请你PM我。

fanmingrui

Postby fanmingrui » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:50 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:OP:你是说中文的摩儿门吗?是的话请你PM我。

是的。

lawgod

Postby lawgod » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:53 pm

fanmingrui wrote:

是的。

Wow. You learned how to use google translate.
哇。您學習了如何使用谷歌翻譯

fanmingrui

Postby fanmingrui » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:29 am

lawgod wrote:
fanmingrui wrote:

是的。

哇。您學習了如何使用谷歌翻譯

You are every bit as helpful in this thread as you are in all the others you post in. Chinese minor actually.

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:31 am

lawgod wrote:
fanmingrui wrote:

是的。

哇。您學習了如何使用谷歌翻譯

I'm confused. What point are you trying to make lawgd?

Return to “Legal Employment”