Top 15% @ T2, secondary journal - need advice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
beach_terror

Re: Top 15% @ T2, secondary journal - need advice

Postby beach_terror » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:08 pm

How should I treat firms that are coming to OCI but have other office locations? For instance, there are a large number of firms coming to our OCI that also have offices in NJ or DE but they're only interviewing for the Philly office at our OCI. Is it bad form to mail to their other offices before OCI even goes down?

IrwinM.Fletcher

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:23 pm

This is a terrible idea. If they find out, they'll question your dedication to the area and your OCI interview will become a complete waste of everyone's time.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:25 pm

IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:This is a terrible idea. If they find out, they'll question your dedication to the area and your OCI interview will become a complete waste of everyone's time.

Well to be fair, Wilmington is 30 minutes from Philadelphia. But yeah, I figured as much. Blergh.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 am

What about firms that aren't doing OCI? For instance, DLA Piper has an office in Philly and Wilmington, and I would enjoy it at each place. Should I just apply to the Philadelphia office? Is the risk the same as applying to OCI firms at different offices?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

beach_terror wrote:What about firms that aren't doing OCI? For instance, DLA Piper has an office in Philly and Wilmington, and I would enjoy it at each place. Should I just apply to the Philadelphia office? Is the risk the same as applying to OCI firms at different offices?

Personally I would still only apply to one office of any given firm, because even if you get an offer at one or both I really don't think you improve your odds by applying to multiple. Plenty disagree with me on this point.

Return to “Legal Employment”