SEC v. FINRA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273395
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

SEC v. FINRA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Which is more prestigious to work for?

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby thesealocust » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:01 pm

SEC. lol @ self regulaTTTory agency.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273395
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 pm

huh

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby thesealocust » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:huh


wikipedia wrote:In the United States, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc., or FINRA, is a private corporation that acts as a self-regulatory organization (SRO).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273395
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:19 am

does the app process for SEC usually start in the fall?

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby Danteshek » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am

If you have any specific questions about SEC, I can try to answer them. I was a summer honors intern in DC last summer.

User avatar
pjo
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby pjo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:44 am

Danteshek wrote:If you have any specific questions about SEC, I can try to answer them. I was a summer honors intern in DC last summer.


If you don't mind, what school range/class rank? Do you have any pre-law school financial industry experience? What was the work like? Is it possible to get in as a 1L? Thx.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby Danteshek » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:26 am

pjo wrote:
Danteshek wrote:If you have any specific questions about SEC, I can try to answer them. I was a summer honors intern in DC last summer.


If you don't mind, what school range/class rank? Do you have any pre-law school financial industry experience? What was the work like? Is it possible to get in as a 1L? Thx.


I am currently in a school in the 50s, slightly above median, law review editor. I was top 20 percent at a T3 when I applied (before I transferred). Yes, I had three years of experience in asset management before law school. Passed CFA level I and II during that time (2007-2008). I turn 30 in two months.

robert85
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby robert85 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:34 am

Danteshek wrote:
pjo wrote:
Danteshek wrote:If you have any specific questions about SEC, I can try to answer them. I was a summer honors intern in DC last summer.


If you don't mind, what school range/class rank? Do you have any pre-law school financial industry experience? What was the work like? Is it possible to get in as a 1L? Thx.


I am currently in a school in the 50s, slightly above median, law review editor. I was top 20 percent at a T3 when I applied (before I transferred). Yes, I had three years of experience in asset management before law school. Passed CFA level I and II during that time (2007-2008). I turn 30 in two months.


Do they hire anyone without finance backgrounds, or are they really only looking to hire people with relevant pre-law school experience?

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby Danteshek » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Most of the interns, but not all, had relevant experience.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273395
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEC v. FINRA

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:21 pm

I intern there now and most interns have a financial background whether it be from a job or clinic or previous internship experience from their 1L summer.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.